Michigan Chickenstock -- 2013 Pot Luck Food Thread

BYC Nickname Real Name (optional) Shared Food Power? (y / n)
RaZ Randy Calico beans Y
Backyard Farm Mom Ambrosia
Herducks Pasta salad
Farmerboy16 Rhubarb oat desert
Snowflake Mary Brocoli salad & water
Kimmie6067 Bean salad & Ham roll-ups
tdhensen86 Tim Desert of some kind
minniefarm Barb watermelon and pickles
Folly's place Mary chocolate cake

Somehow lost the ability to edit my original post.

I'll bring a dessert of some kind.
big_smile.png
Name is Tim Henson. I'm hoping I can make it this year!
Hi Tim you got to really try because it is so much fun!

Real name is Kelley (and in case I never clarified this, my screen name is Mrs. Haggie, not mr. shaggie (I get that a lot for some reason! lol!) Nobody be offended if I call you by your screen name! I'm awful with names though. So many of you that I can't wait to meet!

I'll bring BLT bites, and macaroni salad :) (yum, now I want some!)

My husband and I will bring some kind of bread, with butter or some kind of spread. Okay, been reading the kids too much Dr. Suess... Not sure what kind, since my husband is the baker, I just coordinate.
big_smile.png
Let's call it "yummy bread" for now.

Sarah Eddy/Scifisarah

Last edited:
Sam (Opa) may or may not be able to do the chicken this year... so we will need some volunteers to bring some meat dishes too. I'll bring some hot dogs/buns ...Wendy There is a grill there if someone wants to bring charcoal!

Sam (Opa) may or may not be able to do the chicken this year... so we will need some volunteers to bring some meat dishes too. I'll bring some hot dogs/buns ...Wendy There is a grill there if someone wants to bring charcoal!

Do we have any idea of how many people will be there? Trying to figure out how much meat/how big of a dish to make. At least my hubs and myself are coming. Not sure about the adult children and their families. lol
Also, besides animals, what sorts of things do people bring to sell/donate? This will be our first ChickenStock and we can't wait!
celebrate.gif

Oh..I'm Stephanie, and Aaron is my husband :)

Last edited:
Last year there were over 100 who were signed in. I's sure there were more people who just kind of wandered through the public area.

Since I can not go back and edit the first page, I have begun an "article" per BYC direction. This is a living document that I can edit as we get new updates.

You can post your dish-to-share here on this thread. Or you can PM me and I will keep the list current at https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/michigan-chickenstock-potluck-food-update

Thank you Friends.

Back
Top Bottom