Michigan Chickenstock 2014 Buy/Sell/Trade

Looking to rehome my two Angora rabbits. The white is a boy and is fixed, the girl is brown. They are brother and sister and bonded pair so hoping they can stay together. They are just over a year old. Don't mind the bad hair cuts.. Pics were taken after I gave them one.

Last edited:
How many birds have been available to buy at the past Chickenstock gatherings? Is this mostly an informal swap meet type set-up?
thanks
Last year was my first time going and there were plenty of started chickens along with chicks of various varieties. Other people brought other home made/grown items like plants and yarn. There is something for everyone there :)

@Maah and @JackieandChicks - I should have some young Black Copper Marans pullets at C-S.

I will also have Blue Giants and *possibly* some Black (exhibition line - I have been breeding this line for 3 years now, anyone with my line previous to that - this current line is a vast improvement over my last line!)

I also may have a few exhibition-bred Ameraucana (this line is out of Canada, and has some Paul Smith blood in them. Very, very nice birds (blue/black/splash); I am only in need of 2 pullets and I've got 9 of these in my brooder now, so I'm sure there will be extras.

I will also have some mixed layers; these birds are a mix of Columbian Rock and Silver Penciled Rock. They lay quite well and are just lovely, lovely birds. Here are young pullets from last fall's hatch:

I am looking for an EE pullet that I can put right in with my three other ladies (11 weeks old right now).

How many birds have been available to buy at the past Chickenstock gatherings? Is this mostly an informal swap meet type set-up?
thanks

I'm curious too! Do we set-up the purchase before-hand or is it more informal? I'm coming for the first time (and most likely by myself). I'm very curious!

I am looking for an EE pullet that I can put right in with my three other ladies (11 weeks old right now).

I'm curious too! Do we set-up the purchase before-hand or is it more informal? I'm coming for the first time (and most likely by myself). I'm very curious!
It works both ways. You can make arrangements using PMs or just wait and see what is there.
I have several people who asked me for bird houses and bat houses.

I should have golden willow tree saplings and possibly some Wellies if all goes well.

To sell:
LF Cochin chicks (maybe) b/b/s
LF Cochin hatching eggs b/b/s
Indian Runner hatching eggs
Homemade laundry soap
Homemade body scrubs
Handmade jewelry

Wanted:
White LF Cochins, exhibition bred
Salmon Favorelle, exhibition bred
Silver Grey Dorkings

Back