Michigan Chickenstock!!! Lansing area, August 1!!!

I am really getting excited about Saturday. In a couple of hours the smell of apple wood smoke will be wafting through my neighborhood. Yesterday my son David helped me but the chickens in the mesh bags and then into the brine, he sure was disappointed that I didn't have more going in. I can smoke up to 3 dozen at one time and quite often do so. I have several people that have a standing order. If I'm smoking birds they want some. It's much easier to do in cool weather.

Opa, it sounds yummy!
droolin.gif

Opa you must have a huge smoker. What do you use? We have a old smoke house on our property that my husband wants to restore, that is what I am picturing in my head thats big enough to smoke 3 dz. chickens.

I've been smoking meat and fish for over 40 years and have used a vast number of smokers, both commercial and home built. A couple of years ago I built a new smoker using a large upright freezer. What make this one unique is that I have the ability to cold smoke or hot smoke, plus I can very accurately control my temperature. I will take some pictures today and post later. At the risk of sounding presumptuous, if you like suggestions on restoring yours bring pictures on Saturday.

Wanted to mention I had 3 muscovy duckling hatch out on monday, looks like maybe a chocolate pied, fawn pied and black pied? But not positive, could be a blue pied in there two as one of the moms are blue. Hard to tell at this age. If anyone is interested I can bring them. $5 each.

Back
Top Bottom