Michigan Chickenstock!!! Lansing area, August 1!!!

Awe...sorry 'bout your morning! Have your cup of coffee, and vow that the REST of your day is going to rock!!
big_smile.png

I'll put you down for the cous cous salad - YUMMOLICIOUS!

I wouldn't put "Chickenstock" on it at all.... Didn't tell them that we may be bringing chickens. You know how some people are! I believe one park turned us down cuz of the possiblilities of bringing bird flu in. Maybe use "BYC" on the signs. If anyone asks what BYC means, we could say something like Backyard Club or something like that. lol. I'm trying to figure out how many we would need to lead people to the park. If we have one on Canal Rd....which turns into Delta Mills and at the entrance at the park. Are we going to print a map, or is everyone going to just mapquest?

Good morning, fellow Michiganders!

I agree with Rose. I think "BYC" would be best used rather than anything that says chicken.

Maybe something like "BYC Meet & Greet Picnic" - what do the rest of you folks think? Let's all weigh in & give Produck some good feedback on this, since we'll keep the signs for future chickenstocks! Umm....I mean.....picnics! OH, I also think it would be best not to put a date, or "annual" or anything like that, because if this goes well, we'll hold more of them in the future, like maybe one this fall!!

Okay, Produck...what's it gonna take for us to convince DW to come?

Hey folks - I started a list of attendees on the 1st post. Please take a look and let me know if I need to add others to your name (i.e., Wynette & DH). Some mentioned that they'd bring significant others or kids/fosters, but some have not. Just want to try to get as close a count as possible. Thanks much!

Does anyone think it would be fun to have a raffle? Like, everyone that comes gets a ticket and we can raffle off an item every so often? If so, does anyone have items they'd like to donate for the raffle?

Also, I haven't seen much talk about who may be brining items for sale, trade, etc. - I'd like to start a list on the 1st post of items that might be offered, so please let me know.

Is anyone interested in French Copper Black Marans day-olds or hatching eggs? (Might be easier to sell day-olds since it'll be hot), I'll have a limited number since I'm selling lots of hatching eggs. But, I'd be happy to do a hatch 3 weeks prior if there's any interest. Chicks would sell for $5/ea. or let's say 3 for $12. I can also offer day-old B/B/S Jersey Giants if there's any intrest. $3/ea. or 3 for $7.

Well...what do you have as far as breeds? Perhaps if you list them, someone would be interested!

We have 4 EE's ( They are one of my favorites personality wise ) 2 buff orps ( both are HUGE, one is a pyscho ) 2 Isa browns ( My other favorites, big sweethearts, and very smart) 3 RIR ( two girls, and a boy ), 2 golden sebrights ( one male, one female), and 1 female oeg bantam, and 1 male dutch bantam ( He's a little booger)

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom