Michigan Chickenstock!!! Lansing area, August 1!!!

I will be to busy chasing my two year old to pick when i first get there and will try to leave stuff for others
smile.png
As implusive as i am i am picky as well so it takes me forever to pick what i want. I hope there is a lot there.. I have read people are not going to bring stuff unless its already sold. I hope everyone brings stuff even if it isnt pre sold!! We are coming basiclly to see what is there and buy what we see that we like...some of the breeds i have never seen

I will be to busy chasing my two year old to pick when i first get there and will try to leave stuff for others
smile.png
As implusive as i am i am picky as well so it takes me forever to pick what i want. I hope there is a lot there.. I have read people are not going to bring stuff unless its already sold. I hope everyone brings stuff even if it isnt pre sold!! We are coming basiclly to see what is there and buy what we see that we like...some of the breeds i have never seen

GrubbW - I'm SURE there will be some left!!!

Babymakes - thanks! Stop on our if you're close enough!

Folks, I haven't been updating the initial post with all the for sale poultry...sorry, doin' th best I can! There have been MAY posts with new things mentioned this week, so I'd urge anyone looking to scroll back a few pages.

Oh, I have an OLD metal double-sleeve waterer - the thing is big, I'd say it must be at least 3 gallons if not 5. It had a hole in it and someone patched it somewhere along the line with epoxy-looking stuff, but it does work, and to my knowledge does not leak. It comes with a metal heater base (electric). I don't know that I trust it, as it's so old. I've never tried the base. I won a large box of chicken items at an auction last fall and never used the waterer or heater...I'll put $10 on it if anyone is interested.

Anyone else have any feeders or waterers for sale?

I really wanted to bring some of our white and regular Mandarin Ducks because that pen is overrun, but my husband won't let me sell any yet. We have 21 right now. Anyway, we have six completely empty pens that I would love to find something at chickenstock to fill them with. I would like a silkie rooster to replace my rooster that we lost early spring. We are also still looking for nice Cayuga and buff ducks.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Grubb, make sure you save some time to chat w/me tomorrow! I know nothing about raising ducks, and I've got lots of questions for you!
big_smile.png

Wynette, I will definitely make time to talk to you and anyone else. What do you look like or what do I look for? Or you can just find us. We (me and hubby) will be wearing our BRIGHT Lime Green Grubb Waterfowl T-shirts. I can't wait to meet everyone and hope to make a lot of new friends. This is our first ever swap meet we have been to. We have been in the District and National Show circuit for three years now and we have done quite well. At the Ohio National we won best and reserve Buff Duck. We won reserve junior Butterscotch Call Duck there, also. It was a huge honor showing against the very best in the world. We do have some pet quality silkie Chickens, but are thinking about getting some kind of chickens to show. We are hoping to talk my step-son into showing junior again this year, but I don't know if he will.

What time do you think you'll be eating??? Will decide what I bring for my potluck dish.. (still not 100% sure I can make it, but as you can tell , I'm hoping it all comes together )

Hubby is trying to talk me into hooking up the utility trailer to bring the Turkeys. Ugh! It's either that or rigging wind protection for the back of my pickup so that they can ride back there. Not sure what I am going to do yet. Hmm!

Here's my list of things to bring:
1. BBW Turkeys at 10+ weeks old $15 each or 3/$40
2. Dixie Rainbows (Broilers) 9 weeks on Monday $6 each
3. 1 Delaware Pullet just starting to lay 6 months old $15
4. Processd Whole Chicken - These Colored Range Birds were pasture raised and fed locally grown grain.
Special Chickenstock price of $2.25/lb or 5 birds at $2/lb

Yummy Yummy Blueberry Cobbler!!! Can anybody say yum
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom