Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

Pics
I won't be hatching until later in spring. Starting May 3 to be exact. I am going to Florida the end of April and will have a house/pet sitter and she will have enough to do without taking care of eggs/chicks. I want to cross my BA roo with my SLW hens. Hoping to get the color from the BA and the comb from the SLW and keep a roo that is black with a rose comb. If not I just might try to find a Wyandotte roo. I had problems with frostbite this winter on one of my roos and I think a rose comb would be better for the extreme cold that we have had .

. Hoping to get the color from the BA and the comb from the SLW and keep a roo that is black with a rose comb. If not I just might try to find a Wyandotte roo. I had problems with frostbite this winter on one of my roos and I think a rose comb would be better for the extreme cold that we have had .

Working on the same thing! I already have a Wyandotte roo though, so I'm putting him over barred/cuckoo hens to get sex links. :)

Sunday is day 21, no activity yet.. I am starting to get anxious, this is when i really start to wonder if they are going to hatch.. but ive been staying away from bator. temp is steady and everything is going good.. now just waiting for a pip.

I use a digital thermometer/hygrometer. in my incubator..

Sunday is day 21, no activity yet.. I am starting to get anxious, this is when i really start to wonder if they are going to hatch.. but ive been staying away from bator. temp is steady and everything is going good.. now just waiting for a pip.

Good luck!! Ive got 6 more days to wait

Last edited:
Well I think I got the bator all set on temps... BUT!!!!

Had to toss eggs in earlier then I wanted because some older hens decided to pick on my broodies and take over their nest and squished 4 eggs making a huge yellow sticky mess the other night. so into the bator they went!

Looked at some that was only veins the other day in coop and last night in the bator they where starting to darken up so I think their still growing!
fl.gif

As far as my eggs I was saving for the bator only, well their a week younger then the ones I pulled from my broodies and had stuck them into bator too. SO that kinda sucks having 2 diff aged eggs in bator ((( for my 1st time using a bator on top of all the heck))) so now I guess I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed and hope all goes well!

Broody eggs due on the the 20thish & bator eggs due 28thish....

You'll get up tomorrow and peer into the bator wondering if....... they will ever emerge........

......and then.....

You'll hear a big ole CHEEP!!

Your eyes will get wide, your jaw will drop open............. just before the huge smile appears on your face!!!

You'll get up tomorrow and peer into the bator wondering if....... they will ever emerge........

......and then.....

You'll hear a big ole CHEEP!!

Your eyes will get wide, your jaw will drop open............. just before the huge smile appears on your face!!!
I am hoping, trying to stay away from there, i just want to get into the bator and candle, and keep checking them, i stay away so i am not tempted.. My dd she checks often and i am sure she will let me know if there is anything going on

Thank you mattsinger

Last edited:
your going to be in trouble now, you wont beable to stop hatching.. lol

I hear chirping in the bator.. finally something besides looking at eggs.. and a possible pip..fingers crossed..

Yup, I now want to hatch quail :p. Probably will end up going to a friends tomorrow to get fertile eggs, since they have 5 Roos. So addicting!

Back
Top Bottom