Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

Very cool!! I have 3 hens and got a couple cockerels that need to grow up some more and then hopefully I'll be able to hatch out some babies. I love these chickens!! They are not just pretty, but good egg layers, too. Can you share who you got your eggs from??

They for sure are super pretty! Love the ones with the crests.

I won a caption contest on BYC and the prize was these eggs. They are coming from minihorse927. :D

Set 42 eggs this morning. 18 are from mindylee's beautiful, colorful cochins and the rest are from my own birds. I have 2 cochin roos, one is a black mottled and I'm not sure what you'd call Mr Fancy Pants.. calico maybe? I have 2 blue cochin hens and 3 bearded mille d'uccle hens. Curious to see how the cochins cross with the d'uccles.
I candled the 6 eggs tonight that are 8 days from hatching (my first ever batch) and all six look great. I could see chicks moving in all of them. (These 6 are from my birds) I got anxious and threw 6 eggs in the bator...not realizing that staggered hatches are bad. So, it just has 6. I ordered the other incubator because 1. The 1st one is being loaned to me and 2. I'm hooked! Couldn't wait to fill one right up full of eggs!
Here's what's cookin!

My 3 d'uccle hens..

Blue hens:

The roos.. Mose is the mottled..

Fancy is the calico

I am crossing my fingers that the 6 I have continue to progress and hatch ok and I'm super excited to see what happens with the ones I set this morning! (can you tell I'm a 1st timer) :)

Last edited:
Set 42 eggs this morning. 18 are from mindylee's beautiful, colorful cochins and the rest are from my own birds. I have 2 cochin roos, one is a black mottled and I'm not sure what you'd call Mr Fancy Pants.. calico maybe? I have 2 blue cochin hens and 3 bearded mille d'uccle hens. Curious to see how the cochins cross with the d'uccles.
I candled the 6 eggs tonight that are 8 days from hatching (my first ever batch) and all six look great. I could see chicks moving in all of them. (These 6 are from my birds) I got anxious and threw 6 eggs in the bator...not realizing that staggered hatches are bad. So, it just has 6. I ordered the other incubator because 1. The 1st one is being loaned to me and 2. I'm hooked! Couldn't wait to fill one right up full of eggs!
Here's what's cookin!

My 3 d'uccle hens..

Blue hens:

The roos.. Mose is the mottled..

Fancy is the calico

I am crossing my fingers that the 6 I have continue to progress and hatch ok and I'm super excited to see what happens with the ones I set this morning! (can you tell I'm a 1st timer) :)

Good luck on your hatch!
I woke up to 5 hatched this morning and tons of pips and zipps.
Have a blk mottled
Blue mottled
And 3 calicos so far...

Need advice. I have a mama silkie who is mothering 6 marans chicks that are 3 days old now. She is doing a fine job, but the chicks are getting seriously stuck to her underside silkie feathers. I found one attached to her that was dead and I've now had to cut with a pair of scissors to separate 3 of them that thankfully made it. Has anyone else had this problem and has a solution??

Back
Top Bottom