Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

Pics
Looking for a little help again.. ok, so my wheaten marans that hatched..and I thought wouldn't make it has really perked up and seems to be do I g great... except for one thing. Its feet. They are still curled up like its in the egg still. Legs seem to be fine.. and I it has figured out how to walk.. but they look bad. Anyone have ideas on how to fix it?

Got some trouble with one of the chicks that hatched this morning. It is cold, I brought it in and put under a heat lamp. Also gave it a little warm water... anything else I can do??

Looking for a little help again.. ok, so my wheaten marans that hatched..and I thought wouldn't make it has really perked up and seems to be do I g great... except for one thing. Its feet. They are still curled up like its in the egg still. Legs seem to be fine.. and I it has figured out how to walk.. but they look bad. Anyone have ideas on how to fix it?

@mattsinger Make a splint. cut a piece of cardboard the shape of the foot, place foot flat on splint and use a strip of band aid or vet wrap to attach foot to splint. Not a great explaination....looking for website. will post.

Kinda like this. Ignore the leg part that's for spraddle leg.

Last edited:
Have seen peeps(haha) do refrigerated eggs too but again lower hatch rate, maybe throw a few in just for kicks?

Nah. I'm not in the mood to experiment. Just want Chickies! Maybe later in the year I'll do a test hatch but not this round.

Back
Top Bottom