Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

Ok just candled my 7 eggs I have set for next weekend, and we saw movement in 6 for sure and not sure on one! Woohoo! This is my first time hatching so I'm still figuring out this candling stuff and what I'm supposed to be seeing
1f60a.png

Hope you get chicks yoopergirl!

Not only do I have 8 eggs to hatch next week, I won Swedish flower hen eggs too! So excited!

This is my first batch of shipped eggs. My past eggs came from a local, never, ever from there again, I got eggs twice from there, 8 at first in spring, only got some again because my first batch only got one chick becuase the incubator fell off its desk. So figured I best try again. The seconds hatch few chicks that did make it to hatch day, died while pipping. Out of 49 eggs I got 8 chicks, some having issues. Maybe 20 developed, but died before hatch. :mad:

Hoping I wont need to assist anymore eggs and I get healthy chicks! :fl

Good luck. I must admit shipped eggs make me nervous, but there are so many pretty chickens out there you can get that way! The Swedish flower hens are so pretty too. I keep trying to tell myself I will not order any this year
1f609.png
. I figure if this hatch goes well I could try 1 batch of shipped eggs. Maybe some ameracauna, or some lavender buff orpingtons or ....., well I better get this hatch first!

peepchicken- what do your eggs look like at lockdown. are they solid dark, liquidy, what are you keeping your temp at.. is your bator still air,

my bator is loaded, i have half that go into lockdown in 6 more days in a separater bator, and when those hatch i will wash the bator and will be ready for my second batch to go into lockdown 5 days after the first batch goes in.. i will probably set some more eggs when i put the first batch into lockdown.

peepchicken- what do your eggs look like at lockdown. are they solid dark, liquidy, what are you keeping your temp at.. is your bator still air,

my bator is loaded, i have half that go into lockdown in 6 more days in a separater bator, and when those hatch i will wash the bator and will be ready for my second batch to go into lockdown 5 days after the first batch goes in.. i will probably set some more eggs when i put the first batch into lockdown.

They are dark, not seemingly liquid. I keep my temp 99-100F. LG still air. This is my first hatch without the locals eggs, if I get a bad hatch rate I'll know it's not the eggs. This time I also have auto turner, so the minimal handling might be better.

Post us some pictures when they hatch! :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom