Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    Took me a while to catch up here too and I apologize for all the quotes but I had to reply to so many [​IMG] I have been enjoying the warm weather. DH bought a lot of flowers for me to plant. I actually got my flower beds weeded out before July!!
    Yes she does but she is ok with the chicken offender kind [​IMG]
    Halfway between Newaygo and White Cloud.
    [​IMG]
    I am so sorry Kimmie [​IMG]
    I am sorry to hear that Rose. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] to all!
    It was very big. The body was at least 4 feet long.
    So sorry, prayers that things will get better. [​IMG]
    My ride didn't show up! I waited and waited so long.

2. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I would have gladly gone and helped Rose wash walls if I had known about it. However, since I had my hearing evaluated and found that my hearing loss has deteriorated even further and is now ranges from moderate to profound depending upon the tone. Rose's request for help must have been in the profound range. Sorry about that.

1 person likes this.
  3. keirys

keirys Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    Mid Michigan
  4. minniefarm

minniefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    Whitmore Lake
    We got more trim done on the coop. It's functional, just adding the pretty touches now! Once it's painted we will post pictures of the process. What started out as a weekend project has taken almost a month to complete. It's beautiful though!

Mosquitoes are horrendous. We have got to do something. still have not chosen a spot for the garden. Should be tilling next weekend.

5. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    Glad & Nag, if your soil is sandy, you should look into the Hugel beds, my friend in RI with sandy soil says she thinks the Hugel beds could be the answer to her gardening prayers.

6. naglady

naglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2013
    Northern Michigan
    kimmy so sorry to hear about your sisterinlaw..

I have been looking into hugel bed.. and after my gardens are planted will be working on those.. i have everything you need for one..

7. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    The storm that stuck Moore OK is almost beyond comprehension. The amount of devastation that occurred in such a small moment in time staggers the imagination. May good help and keep those in their hour of need. A friend I made through BYC lives in a Oklahoma suburb and my thoughts immediately went to him but he lives northwest of Oklahoma City and the tornado struck Moore which is 20+ miles south of him.

I wonder what it is about having an appointment that puts my old body in such a strange tizzy? I am normally a very early riser but just to be safe, any time I have to be somewhere early I set my alarm. Then all night long I wake to check the time. Today was no exception. I have a 0900 hrs appointment at the VA hospital (note the use of military time) and they request you arrive 30 minutes early. While the drive normally takes 30 minutes traffic tieups can add substantially so I should allow myself at least an hour of drive time, which would require I leave by at least 0730 hrs. All night at one hour intervals I would wake, check the alarm, grumble, and try to get back asleep.

The last time I misread the time, heard the news about the Oklahoma F5 tornado, and decided I probably should get up. With a freshly brewed cup of coffee in hand I sat down at the computer and discovered the time was only 0330. On a positive note I will be up to shut off the alarm when it goes off.

8. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

We are getting our much needed rain. This is a good thing because A. I don't feel guilty I'm not braving the blackflies to plant, B. the house needs cleaning and C. I have to run to town so it isn't a wasted day.

I candled eggs yesterday. None of my bantam eggs are fertile. [​IMG]My sweet dumb roosters seem to have no clue what they are supposed to be doing. You can't really tell on the pheasant eggs, I did candle one light one and saw veins so I left it at that.

Dh is doing good. He hasn't had to take any pain meds since he has been home. He is handling it all well except not being able to drive.

9. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    LOL! I was born profound deaf, so I don't hear a lot of "things" that people say to me. However since I have cochlear implants, I can hear more "things" that people say, but often times I would misunderstand what they say. ;)

I am so sorry to everyone how is going through hard times. I pray that all will go well. I have very positive news!!! Remember That 20 acre land next to us? Its is for sale again as the buyers backed out as the perk test failed. Woot!! Great timing for me as I was getting worried what to feed to cows as I do not have good pasture yet. I had set-up temp fence for Bella in our backyard so she could have grass. So I set-up 3 acres of temp fencing on that land on the same day I found out, and moved them in right away. They are filling out on grass, so they are happy and so am I. I will wait until August before making an offer on it. Also put the fencing back up on that land for the Emus.

[​IMG]

I am swamped with all this spring work, and jobs too! So crazy, can't wait until I can get everything planted and done.

Got two jersey bull calves yesterday. They will be steers to replace Pancake and November. Their names are Butter, And Toast.
    [​IMG]

10. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    ughhh... Jerseys........ SO CUTE! Love to get me a heifer Jersey some day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by