Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I'm not ADHD but going through perimenopause and the resulting unpredictable hormonal fluctuations seem to cause mine. It could be YEARS. Scary to think that if I'd been born a hundred years ago, they would have committed me to an asylum for hysteria because they didn't understand. The word hysteria, after all, comes from the greek word, hystera, meaning uterus. Fun.
hmm.png

Yep, messed up.

Raz, I highlighted the text in photoshop because it was easier for me to spread around without having to explain it. Feel free to use it. I think I might print it out and send it to the mayor. Maybe several times. I see Mr. Folker was from Ottawa Lake. My grandparents lived in Ottawa Lake (about a mile from where I grew up). Small place, small world.
Thanks for that, I don't have photoshop so I just typed it out.
I made an album on my FB page of the pioneer plaques. One of the men, Mr. Tierney was shot by the neighbor's grandfather in 1957 over a dispute. I guess crazy runs in the family.
wee.gif

"Mr. Folker saw a future in Nankin Township and visioned homes on one and a half acres where one could have a garden, an orchard and chickens."

It wasn't that long ago that this was valid. Now gardens, orchards and chickens are illegal. Even criminal.
bet he is turning over in his grave,
1. water and feed indoors or out? We can do both, which is my preference.
2. DH wants to leg band our young ones so we can tell how old they are getting once our flock starts getting larger. Do you all band for age?

Happy Memorial Day to all!
for the last 2 yrs I have kept all food and water out side,, eliminates wet,stink, and mice inside the coop, I use heated water outside in the winter and have had no problems with freezing, I do have a roof of sorts over part of my run, (it leeks) food and water and dust bath is under cover, birds do come in and get the feed but when I kept the food inside they would fly through the poop door and get at it. I put the feed pans in a metal trash can at night(when we are home) and that seems to discourage coons coming in for an easy meal. The birds go out side more in the winter and the coop stays cleaner.

I have not used leg bands but that would work and you can use zip ties,just leave them loose and cut tail end off

Anyone who remembers the goat we got back in poor condition, He's still doing great! He's slowly putting weight on and is very spunky. :)

DH is sending him off to a friend of the family to assist with the weight gain, it seems he has a pasture that needs ate and well, the goat eats! Ha. The big thing is that this friend also has horses, and chickens for the goat to harass *** cough* Interact with. :) I think if all goes well, he may end up staying there permanently if the friend wants him. He's just too lonely out there by himself!

Anyone who remembers the goat we got back in poor condition, He's still doing great!  He's slowly putting weight on and is very spunky.  :)  

DH is sending him off to a friend of the family to assist with the weight gain, it seems he has a pasture that needs ate and well, the goat eats! Ha.  The big thing is that this friend also has horses, and chickens for the goat to harass *** cough*  Interact with.  :)   I think if all goes well, he may end up staying there permanently if the friend wants him.  He's just too lonely out there by himself!

Glad to hear he pulled thru!

What happens to you if your my husband and you fall asleep when the babies are out playing with me? You get pooped on, preened on, pecked at and photographed and it gets posted on the Internet! Bwahahahaha

No people really don't get it. I've had them for two years. It got so bad I had to quit my job. I found I tend to get them if I drank alcohol the previous day. So I've drastically changed my eating habits and limited alcohol to special occasions. Also I have to work out every day. That helps. Odd and personal question, and you dont have to answer, are you ADHD? I am and they're kinda linked in my case. We're all a bunch of hot messes, aren't we? Lol
I don't know if I am ADHD or not but my two sons are and I have every symptom, if I was a doc I would say yes for sure. My oldest son can never stay still unless he has installed a roof or something I feel bad for him no insurance no meds, he is 35. My youngest son is ADD so he dosn't have as many problems he is 26.

I hate to say it I was one of those awful people that couldn't understand panic attacks, depression etc... I would think of get over it and get on with life but now that I know I am completely different. I had a friend that couldn't leave her house for 3 years and she was a bank manager and had to quit.

Hey everyone! I have not been on in ages!! Between crazyness at work, being sick and my internet getting really slow I just have not been online much. My swedish flower hens are laying!! They started 3 weeks ago. If anyone is interested in eggs or chicks send me a message. I have 2 mille fluer d-uccle chicks, about 8 weeks old from show stock for sale. Also 1 black breda and 1 blue breda. also about 8 weeks old. Also serama roosters, hens, chicks and eggs. 1 red bantam cochin rooster I think is pretty nice looking. 1 white silkie roo (Fred if you remeber the pics of him with all the chicks under his wings) and a pair of campbell ducks. Send me message if you are interested in any of these. Please forgive me if I am slow to respond I will check messages at least once a day. I have some pics available, but my internet is so slow it takes 20 mins to load 1 pic!!

Back
Top Bottom