Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ladyrsanti

ladyrsanti Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Michigan
    Still no word on what happened to my neighbor's chickens but I'm thinking about getting a game camera to keep an eye on mine, especially since we don't know if it was a theft or a predator. Either way, I want to be able to sleep at night. I took down my craigslist ad just in case that had something to do with it. Our town is small enough that anyone seeing the general location could find my egg sign and some people get confused as to whose property it belongs to. Anybody recommend a good game camera that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? And where to buy it?

Also, one of my 8 week old cockerels died suddenly today. [​IMG] I've been dealing with extreme anxiety, paid a trip to the ER a couple weeks ago, right before my husband took off for Florida to be with his mummy, had a miserable mother's day (long story) and now a UTI, antibiotics, headaches, all kinds of blah. I didn't really need a chicken death on top of the worry caused by my neighbor's nightmare. But lo, life goes on.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  2. kimmie6067

kimmie6067 Chillin' With My Peeps

Life does go on and remember this to shall pass. I hate anxiety, I used to get panic attacks for no reason that I know of I am glad I don't get them anymore. Seems to me that the neighbors chickens had two legged help out of there. No signs of blood or feathers leads me to believe this.

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Idk, RaZ.. Is it a crime?

4. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Heifer dozen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Lisa and girls

Lisa and girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    West Michigan
    Ugg. I have had panic attacks too. Nothing worse. And no one can understand them unless they've had them. Quite a struggle that one.

6. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    [​IMG]

lady[​IMG] hope you feel better

7. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    [​IMG]

"Mr. Folker saw a future in Nankin Township and visioned homes on one and a half acres where one could have a garden, an orchard and chickens."

It wasn't that long ago that this was valid. Now gardens, orchards and chickens are illegal. Even criminal.

8. gaitngirl

gaitngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Too funny![​IMG]

9. gaitngirl

gaitngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe they should rename that city . . . [​IMG]

10. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Great pictures, they look happy.
    Does he have any muscovy hens he want to sell. My drake was trying to breed my tiny bantam hen today.

Tap- I'm so sorry about your dog. If worse comes to worse you can always get a fancy collar and have a house chicken.
    My lack of planning is coming back to haunt me. My ganders want the goslings I got at Imlay city, but they aren't imprinted and just walk off, The ganders were having a nervous breakdown trying to keep everything away. The goose is laying right now and just ignored them. My year old peas tried to take the hen's newly hatched chicks away and everybody got into that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by