Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Lady, I found a few photos that listed it as Bee Balm, too.

I suppose if one isn't familiar with the two... The flowers are similarly shaped. Bachelor's button is also called corn flower but I grew up calling chicory "corn flower", lol. I'm a big fan of bee balm (monarda). I love the smell and the red flowers. They are a staple in my herb garden.

Do chipmunk pups (kits) make a barking noise? Something is making an odd noise in the woodpile.

Silly, I have 4x8 sheets of exterior siding to put up. That will cover the garage. I didn't want to scrape and paint in case it was lead based paint. It is just that the panels are a 2-person job to hang.

I've had straw bale planters for the past few years, was never a problem until yesterday. By July the cascading vines completely cover the bale and the flowers look great. Looks better than the bales and cornstalks people put in their yard for fall decorations.

I think hanging clothes out to dry is illegal here.
lau.gif

Some of the newest additions to the flock. They're day olds... some less than day olds.

It is chilly here for the chicks to be outside considering they are only a day old. BUT, I heated up a corn cob heat pad, put it in the bottom of a basket, put a hand towel over it, set the chicks in, and went out the door. Did the trick to keep them warm enough between takes. LOL. I am uber dork now.

Lovely pics Nova.

RaZ did you get my pm re: food?
I'll just say it, Everybody, I'm sorry but you can't enjoy my egg salad after all. I decided that its just not a good bet for a picnic. Refrigeration and all. But I'll still bake bread for yas and I will bring something else tasty for you to put upon the bread, ok? :)

Some of the newest additions to the flock. They're day olds... some less than day olds.

It is chilly here for the chicks to be outside considering they are only a day old. BUT, I heated up a corn cob heat pad, put it in the bottom of a basket, put a hand towel over it, set the chicks in, and went out the door. Did the trick to keep them warm enough between takes. LOL. I am uber dork now.
I am such a sucker for those little cottonball heads. Don't Polish chickens have pretty spastic personalities? I really like that I can pick up all my chickens without having to chase them around right now. I use my photo lights that I usually use for photographing my products for Chickadee & Me. Then I just have the trouble of keeping them awake because they are so warm and cozy under the massive fluorescent CFL's.

Lovely pics Nova.

RaZ did you get my pm re: food?
I'll just say it, Everybody, I'm sorry but you can't enjoy my egg salad after all. I decided that its just not a good bet for a picnic. Refrigeration and all. But I'll still bake bread for yas and I will bring something else tasty for you to put upon the bread, ok?
smile.png
I posted that we'd bring bread with some sort of spread as well, but I don't see it anywhere on the list now.

List has been updated.
Personally I think the egg salad would be OK in a cooler for the drive. I would expect it to be eaten pretty quickly. But do what you are comfortable with.

Back
Top Bottom