Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. uchytil

uchytil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    What is going on with this laptop, duplicate posts?

What to put on the swap table, hmmm, my maple syrup like last year?

2. Mish

Mish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Macomb, MI

Uchytil: Great idea! And sell some to me also! LOVED it last year when I was lucky enough to win a jar in the raffle. So did my DD which means it was gone much too quick.

Everyone else: this stuff is terrible. If you see it on the raffle table you don't want it - pick something else

3. ladyrsanti

ladyrsanti Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

Last chance on roosters. I have four 12 wk old roos that are going to be processed, hopefully, this weekend. The pure bred buff brahma is gorgeous, just not up to breed standards (green legs instead of yellow). One of the BO/EE roos is really laid back and friendly. I hate to eat em but I can't keep em. I've got two more younger roos that I'll bring to CS. Let me know if you're interested.

4. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    Morning y'all. Down to just 2 eggs today, so I'm joining the dropped production club. Maybe it's the weather? I did notice the day after that tornado last week, eggs we down, probly because I was out in the pen at midnight like a Crazy Duck Lady chasing everybody around. Still hot the 2 Pekin Ducks (well one sounds exactly like a duck, but the tail is sorta weird but really isn't a drake curl either) anyway those are 11wks old and ready to find a new home. ... If you're wanting more layers!

Lady meant to say I love your door. You can come paint mine :)

Anyway I just wanted to show y'all what I'm working on now. These are clothespin bags, but I think you could use them also for plastic bag organizers (like grocery sacs) and I made this *prototype* (so it is not perfect) from recycled denim.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  5. minniefarm

minniefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    Whitmore Lake
    Good morning all!

I haven't posted much. I am still limping from the fall off my horse. battered and bruised! Been busy finishing up the school year. Finals for the kids next week, then one more week for me and I am done!--

RaZ the big girls are doing great. They LOVE free ranging. Every night after work, I let them out to roam our 5 acres. They stay towards the back of our house, near the gardens and of course near the woods. Like clock work, they go back to the coop and settle in for the night.

I can't wait for Chicken Stock! It will be so fun to meet you all and share some good food and chicken stories.

6. Amy PT

Amy PT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Michigan
    No kidding! I wonder what the heck name and internet site I found a few years ago?! Thanks! Now I can stop pulling the patch that continues to come up, years later. ;)

Lady, I found a few photos that listed it as Bee Balm, too.

7. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Raz... I have to admit, I wondered if they were going to complain about the bales out front. Most people in towns like yours, want everything neat and pristine...so they can put on some sort of airs that they really aren't entitled too. One thing is clear.. they don't like you..... and they don't want you there. Almost makes you wanna stay just to spite them. But to have the life style you want..... you need more room anyway. Out smart them... keep doing what you're doing, but be really neat and exact with your gardens.. make them envy your yard!

Have they given you a deadline to get the garage finished? Hard to do with the weather we've been having. I think you should paint a big ol chicken on the side of your garage.......lol! Or is art illegal there too? Oh looky here... they have a rule for that too.......
    WALL GRAPHIC.
    Where neither product or brand name
    nor owner identification is visible
    or noted on the sign. Graphics in th
    is sense shall be interpreted as
    art work when located on a flat
    exterior surface. This work (sign) will be revi
    ewed and approved by the Building Inspector or as
    requested, by the Sign Review Committee of the Planning Commission.

I'm surprised they didn't nail you on the fence too... or are they dragging out every offense per visit.

8. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

9. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    I agree I have both the P bachelor button and the bee balm have had them for years and all though they will propagate I would not consider them invasive.
    [​IMG]
    like your cloths pin bag. my mom had one very much like it, brings back good memories. ( if you can say hanging out cloths for 9 people a good memory [​IMG])
    don't know if I have seen you here before,, WELCOME

10. ladyrsanti

ladyrsanti Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Michigan
    I suppose if one isn't familiar with the two... The flowers are similarly shaped. Bachelor's button is also called corn flower but I grew up calling chicory "corn flower", lol. I'm a big fan of bee balm (monarda). I love the smell and the red flowers. They are a staple in my herb garden.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by