Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. GrandRapidsGirl

GrandRapidsGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2013
    Thanks, Lady! I would love to see some of your chickens!

Marilyn is pretty but she sure is stupid! See that photo of her looking at the open jar of treats? She pecked at it for about an hour and never did figure out how to get a treat out! You know what they say about blondes!

2. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    nice pics of some nice birds GR girl!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  3. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    what I was trying to post about before....... was that I finally got my tree the county's hired weed sprayer killed 2 yrs ago. Phew! Picked it out today. And since my photo uploaderer. is being a PITPatutty.... you can see my new tree this way....... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. preciouskitty

preciouskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Howell, MI
    Well it is BEEAAUUUTEEEFUL ANYway you post it!!

5. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Silly, the white and red cockerel came out of a phoenix egg. Ed says that on occasion he has that comb come up on some of his phoenix because of the breeding program from a guy he got some stock from years ago. The white pullets I was saying I had are yokohama pullets. The yoko's and phoenix resemble each other very much. I'll get pics of the other boy for you and the pullet... Lord love a duck, I hope it's a pullet. LOL

6. NovaAman

Oh, and sorry, Thanks on the compliments on the birds.

7. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Isn't that the rare horizontal spruce (Picea ileneii var. tilt-a-whirl)?

8. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Garage is finished. Well at least this side.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Well, I do need to put the fascia trim up yet. What colour? Red or green?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just in case anyone wonders, the last 2 photos were taken from the neighbor's yard, 2 doors up. I had permission to be in his yard. No trespassing was involved in obtaining these photographs.

9. NovaAman

Trim... hmmmm.... What color is at your disposal? Love the pattern and the little yellow right up top. Its' great!

Silly, here's a pic of the boys and the gal again... The first is the other boy I was telling you... the second is a yoko pullet along with the red boy. He does have silver/gre/blue in him, you can see in this pic... not sure what the color is called. He's pretty though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If it weren't for that red coming in over his tail, I may be inclined to think he's a pullet, but none of the girls that match him have near as bright a pattern or that red.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The boy in that last pic, that's Ed. I am keeping Ed here because Ed was the first out, and He is named after the guy who I got the eggs from.
    And here is a group shot of them.
    [​IMG]

There is a barred boy in there too, I am not sure what he'll be paired with.. I have a hen that is nearly all black, but is anyone has a silver crele... That'd match up some interesting chicks.
    The tiniest white one, thats a Jap Bantam. Thinking it may be a boy. Sure hope I have girls in the brooder. Of the 13 phoenix, I am thinking only 5 are boys. Not to shabby.

10. NovaAman

[​IMG]
    I have 3 of these boys... I am keeping one. So, I have two of these boys, this one and another, the other is rediculously feathered on his feet... Like... HEAVY feathered. Anyway, pure salmon faverolles, about 12-13 weeks. Is there anyone who wants them for their breeding to bring in some fresh blood? I'd hate to have to make them dinner, but that's what they'll end up in a few more weeks. No, I don't handle my roosters, though they sure do come running for treats. Let me know and I will bring them to CS, Florus was the daddy, Loralie the mama. Posted below.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by