Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. preciouskitty

preciouskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Howell, MI
    Green (tho I would go for purple if it were a choice!)

2. GrandRapidsGirl

GrandRapidsGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2013
    Those roosters are so beautiful! Sure makes me wish I could have roosters!

3. Scifisarah

Scifisarah Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Rockford MI
    My Coop
    Anyone local to Grand Rapids/Rockford interested in my two silkie hens? I am fond of them, but want to get more serious with breeding my cochins and don’t have room to keep these separately. Hunny Bunny is a buff and Priscilla is a partridge. Both hatched late May 2012, so just over a year old. I am not completely familiar with what makes a show silkie perfect type, but they are both quite fluffy with good foot feather as you can see, and I did figure out when they were younger that they had no DQ faults. Priscilla is currently broody. They have been dressed in chicken sweaters, used to bathing, and very friendly. Asking $30 for the two of them and will not separate. I would rather not bring them to CS, so hoping to find a home locally for them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Lovely girls Sarah. I'd take them... but I think I might just about be maxed out...

Had two youngsters come to my door tonight and ask if they could pet a chicken. LOL. Pat the Rat was a favorite. I ended up giving them a tour and showing them all the different birds that I have here. They were very well mannered boys and very polite. Totally got side tracked with what I was supposed to be doing. All the birds ended up coming down off the roosts in the expectation of food. So sad. They asked if they could come back and if it was ok to bring bread if they did. I warned them that if they did, they could be assured that the neighbors birds would also hussle on over and they could very well be swamped by 100 birds in no time. LOL

5. Scifisarah

May 1, 2009
    Rockford MI
    My Coop
    That is awesome, I guess you are becoming the local chicken zoo haha. I wish you did have room. I am feeling pretty picky about where these two end up going.

6. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    If there is anyone near me that needs a ride to chickenstock just pm me. I will be driving my van and have room for 4 or 5 more people.

7. NovaAman

I don't blame you, Sarah, they are very pretty looking girls. I am sure Ray would love them, but he's good so far with his two girls. I have Ekta the serema hen sitting on 3 eggs. 1 fav and 2 silkies. Why the fav? Well... Why not. LOL

8. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    How about this? Green trim. cheesy plastic shutters painted purple and pink curtains in the window? [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Scifisarah

May 1, 2009
    Rockford MI
    My Coop
    I think a bright pink breast cancer awareness garage would be awesome. [​IMG]

10. NovaAman

That would make Chicken Rustlers day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by