Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I have 3 of these boys... I am keeping one. So, I have two of these boys, this one and another, the other is rediculously feathered on his feet... Like... HEAVY feathered. Anyway, pure salmon faverolles, about 12-13 weeks. Is there anyone who wants them for their breeding to bring in some fresh blood? I'd hate to have to make them dinner, but that's what they'll end up in a few more weeks. No, I don't handle my roosters, though they sure do come running for treats. Let me know and I will bring them to CS, Florus was the daddy, Loralie the mama. Posted below.

Garage is finished. Well at least this side. Well, I do need to put the fascia trim up yet. What colour? Red or green? Just in case anyone wonders, the last 2 photos were taken from the neighbor's yard, 2 doors up. I had permission to be in his yard. No trespassing was involved in obtaining these photographs.
Green (tho I would go for purple if it were a choice!)

I have 3 of these boys... I am keeping one. So, I have two of these boys, this one and another, the other is rediculously feathered on his feet... Like... HEAVY feathered. Anyway, pure salmon faverolles, about 12-13 weeks. Is there anyone who wants them for their breeding to bring in some fresh blood? I'd hate to have to make them dinner, but that's what they'll end up in a few more weeks. No, I don't handle my roosters, though they sure do come running for treats. Let me know and I will bring them to CS, Florus was the daddy, Loralie the mama. Posted below.

Those roosters are so beautiful! Sure makes me wish I could have roosters!

Anyone local to Grand Rapids/Rockford interested in my two silkie hens? I am fond of them, but want to get more serious with breeding my cochins and don’t have room to keep these separately. Hunny Bunny is a buff and Priscilla is a partridge. Both hatched late May 2012, so just over a year old. I am not completely familiar with what makes a show silkie perfect type, but they are both quite fluffy with good foot feather as you can see, and I did figure out when they were younger that they had no DQ faults. Priscilla is currently broody. They have been dressed in chicken sweaters, used to bathing, and very friendly. Asking $30 for the two of them and will not separate. I would rather not bring them to CS, so hoping to find a home locally for them.

Lovely girls Sarah. I'd take them... but I think I might just about be maxed out...

Had two youngsters come to my door tonight and ask if they could pet a chicken. LOL. Pat the Rat was a favorite. I ended up giving them a tour and showing them all the different birds that I have here. They were very well mannered boys and very polite. Totally got side tracked with what I was supposed to be doing. All the birds ended up coming down off the roosts in the expectation of food. So sad. They asked if they could come back and if it was ok to bring bread if they did. I warned them that if they did, they could be assured that the neighbors birds would also hussle on over and they could very well be swamped by 100 birds in no time. LOL

Lovely girls Sarah. I'd take them... but I think I might just about be maxed out...

Had two youngsters come to my door tonight and ask if they could pet a chicken. LOL. Pat the Rat was a favorite. I ended up giving them a tour and showing them all the different birds that I have here. They were very well mannered boys and very polite. Totally got side tracked with what I was supposed to be doing. All the birds ended up coming down off the roosts in the expectation of food. So sad. They asked if they could come back and if it was ok to bring bread if they did. I warned them that if they did, they could be assured that the neighbors birds would also hussle on over and they could very well be swamped by 100 birds in no time. LOL
That is awesome, I guess you are becoming the local chicken zoo haha. I wish you did have room. I am feeling pretty picky about where these two end up going.

Well, I do need to put the fascia trim up yet. What colour? Red or green?

Green (tho I would go for purple if it were a choice!)
How about this? Green trim. cheesy plastic shutters painted purple and pink curtains in the window?
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom