Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I drove in the crazy white out hail storm! Holy cow that was the scariest thing I've ever been in. Then as we drove through Lake Orion, we saw intense damage. Power poles snapped, wires down, flooding, and a truck with a pole crushing it. We had about 4 inches of hail against our garage door. Crazy! No power at our house.

What town jly? I am in coopersville ravenna area. Didn't hit us as hard but muskegon got a tornado cedar springs got the hail too, sparta got nailed and a tree took out the side of a friend's house :( up still listening to thundef and spooked since this whole trailerpark is huge trees ( birds are out of town on dh's family property until i get somewhere to move)

Eagles around here hunt in the same way as hawks; circling fields looking for rabbits probably. Or chicken when i let them out in the evening....one day i thought he was gone then after i found and scooped up the sussex who goes off on her own into the woods he circled back around to where she had been ... proof enough for me!!! I think it is like coons in that they will hit hardest when the babies are ready. Idk this year when the breeding cycles are for predetors because the weather is so messed up???

Last edited:
Our storm last night was a bit scary but doesn't sound as bad as north of us. We had about 15 min of intense hail. Really strong winds gusting & lost tree branches but that's about it. Lots of lightening. Hail accumulated about 1/2 inch.

Just thinking about worming. (Quite a segway, huh). If anyone coming to CS has plans to worm please keep eggs for me. You won't be able to eat or breed from them, right? They'll just be tossed? PM me. Unwashed and refrig'd they should keep fine until CS.

If I'm wrong about this someone correct me, please. Thx.

Also a friend is having issues with fertility in his Marans flock. Got new Roos but still no luck. Girls are laying like crazy. Any ideas?

All I wanted was to do *something* during spring break, like everyone else. 70° and sunny they said. Try 48° and rain!

We went for a hike at Ludington State Park and stopped in Grand Haven and Holland.
The weather did not cooperate as many of you know. It rained for the entire hike.

The storm was chasing us and we could never get out and enjoy a place for very long.
Lightning and thunder on the horizon.

This is why people go south for spring break.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom