Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I hope everyone is weathering things out okay in this bitter cold! Even with the freezing weather, my Jill Rees Cream Legbars are laying! I am really excited! While I was out of town, my dad was kind and took care of my chickens. I got home and another Jill Rees pullet has started laying. This is the bluest egg I've gotten so far! It's strange to me how some of them had already started laying weeks before others, but this egg was well worth the wait! YAY!

I hope everyone is weathering things out okay in this bitter cold! Even with the freezing weather, my Jill Rees Cream Legbars are laying! I am really excited! While I was out of town, my dad was kind and took care of my chickens. I got home and another Jill Rees pullet has started laying. This is the bluest egg I've gotten so far! It's strange to me how some of them had already started laying weeks before others, but this egg was well worth the wait! YAY!
Pics of birds and eggs?

Are you selling any eggs or chicks?

I'm sure. ***heading to your building thread***....
yippiechickie.gif

Could you kindly point me to this thread? I'm starting to toss around ideas for a brooder box, I just don't feel like doing that to my bathtub again this year, lol, there are only so many times...
hu.gif

Congrats!

Pics of birds and eggs?

Are you selling any eggs or chicks?

what she said. We must see these eggs. LOL
Could you kindly point me to this thread? I'm starting to toss around ideas for a brooder box, I just don't feel like doing that to my bathtub again this year, lol, there are only so many times...
hu.gif
Here is @birdman55 building thread. Hope it helps.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/940456/building-paradise-for-the-birds

hu.gif

you It stands up and has 2 shelves. worked really well and easy to get at. just a tall box with a shelf across the middle, and chicken wire doors. also works well as a sick bay

Quote:
Here are some of the birds. Sorry about their worn feathers, but winter isn't too kind to chicken feathers. (as we all know). The coloring is much better in these birds than other Legbars I've gotten and they seem to be more docile than other lines too. Sorry, but I don't have a picture of the eggs yet.

I am already sold out of eggs/chicks until the end of March. They went fast. I do have several cockerels for sale, but the eggs and chicks are sold out quite a ways in advance. I hope to have more eggs/chicks available in early April.

Back
Top Bottom