Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I forget what to use to treat for tapeworms on chickens? I had not had any tapeworm issues for years, and just saw a few droppings covered with tapeworm lavae.
sickbyc.gif
Will have to treat everyone on the farm!
barnie.gif
i second valbazen...orally each bird....and then ten days later again orally...dont bother with putting it in the water....just my thoughts

Ok i need a little advice. We are building our first hoop coop. I've been trying to come up with a way to keep critters from digging under and getting in. I'm thinking of putting in a "floor" of wire. Do you think I need to use hardware cloth? I think a fencing with larger holes would do a better job of letting the poop out and maybe be a little easier on the pocketbook. The hardware cloth is already about half the cost of the coop! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
you can put the wire in the shape of an l and screw the hardware cloth up the one side with most of it on the ground and then cover with wood chips or something...

we just have chicken wire down..we have two dogs to watch the place so were not to worried about the predators...the 2x10 was also placed on the bottom so we could fill it up with sand for a deep litter method....that should also deter animals that have to dig thru that much stuff...we might put bigger rocks on the inside of the coop right next to the wood and then sand over them...hope this helps...if you need help building one...i have built a couple now....so any questions you my encounter i have already been thru them twice now...and still havnt gotten it perfect but we have enough material to do three more coops so we will get it down by the time were done...

i second valbazen...orally each bird....and then ten days later again orally...dont bother with putting it in the water....just my thoughts

I think the medication is oil based? So it doesn't mix well with water. And if you dose each bird personally, you know they got the entire dose they need, so it takes time, but it is a great practice.

I think the medication is oil based? So it doesn't mix well with water. And if you dose each bird personally, you know they got the entire dose they need, so it takes time, but it is a great practice.
not sure if its oil based...i just dont like to worm using water...it doesnt make sense other then to be lazy...and just wing it....i orally worm my birds (pheasants and peafowl) the barn yard chickens i do worm using water...with safegaurd...i have to admit...but still the dose isnt right because the stuff settles on the bottom of the container....now that i have expensive rare chickens...like the svart honas, and lamonas...i will be worming them orally...even if you worm you should still do a fecal exam to see if they have them or not...even after worming some people still have worms...so keep this in mind...
texas a n m jumbo white quails

jumbo browns

can you find the lamonas....lol...in with the show quality barred rocks

new polish hen

goofy polish rooster with goofy chicken owner...lol

my 100 lb male pit saying hi to hi toy..

easters hatchalongs growing up really good....some of the polish babies are in there too...

another hoop coop done....and filled with birds....over 50

Treating with wormer in the water only makes sense with large flocks; I treat my birds individually, so nobody gets too little or too much. Thirty to forty birds isn't that hard to do, just kinda messy. Mary

Hi everybody! Does anyone have Dr, Pol's number in or around Weidman MI ? I have a roo that needs surgery. I will post pics in the emergencies secton. He's gotten on for his whole life, almost 1 year but tonight I found him in a nest box. :(

Someday I'm going to learn not to put eggs in my pockets. So far I've managed to break 3 pheasant eggs, which is pretty impressive (or something) if you consider I've only got one pheasant that lays eggs.

Back
Top Bottom