Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

In case anyone is interested I am rehoming a couple of roosters. One is a 1.5 year old Icelandic. He is a great rooster and I hate to see him go but I am going to start breeding different lines and he is therefore extra. He is gentle on the hens, and respectful of people, my little kids are outside with him all the time and he has not ever attacked anyone.

The second rooster is a 6 month old Jubilee Orpington rooster. He is one of two I have left and I only need one. He also is respectful of people but not nearly as watchful of the girls as the Icelandic.

$10 for the Icelandic and $15 for the JO, or trade. Young hens, or any farm related items would be considered.

I also have four bobwhite quail that I am giving away for free, not as interesting as I had hoped.

The only case in Michigan was found in Canada geese in Macomb County. Reports varied from 1 to 3 animals affected.

This is good news. We should have no reason to suspend Chicken Stock 2016.
LOL, we did not cancel 2015 although a few folks were turned off by the bad juju and missed out. Sounds like we'll be able to turn up the fun factor for 2016! I better start some new wines. The Cherry I brought was gone in two shakes of a lamb's tale in 2015. Good news!

Well, I never figured loosing a bird would affect met this much, but Uggo has, and he didn't make it, he died sometime today.

I hatched him myself

he tolerated a lot! notice the neck scarf, baby it was cold out side!

He never ran from me, always let me walk up and pick him up. He even danced for me.

He was inspiration

He was ugly in a handsome sort of way

He was resiliant

And good to his ladies.

Last edited:
So Sorry, Mary. Remember the fun times we talked nothing else of the uggos!

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope your holiday is filled with love and laughter!!

Bummer Silly! So, everyone have a great time over the next few days with family, friends, or by yourself. You can always come hang with me...maybe we can clean some goat pens (and party)!

Back
Top Bottom