Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hello Michiganders! My husband and I sold our city house and just bought our forever homestead in Howard city! We will be moving our family, chickens and dogs there in the next couple weeks. I'm looking for breeders in the area. I'm interested in black copper marans, crested cream legbars, buff orpingtons, white leghorns, light sussex, and Jersey giants. I hope to meet some other chicken people! :jumpy

Glad that I got the bulk of my winterizing done. Mom got a call on tuesday and her surgery is getting bumped up from the wednesday before thanksgiving to next monday. kinda threw a wrench into my schedule. I had just ran into one of my favorite clients' mom at the Mall and talked her into calling the office to book the last slot that I had available on that monday. Anyways, opted to come in on Sunday and held that day for my monday clients to shift over and most of them are now on Sunday. Just going to make for a long weekend and week next week. But hopefully this will help Mom out. Just kinda nervous about her going through it
hope all goes well

Hello Michiganders! My husband and I sold our city house and just bought our forever homestead in Howard city! We will be moving our family, chickens and dogs there in the next couple weeks. I'm looking for breeders in the area. I'm interested in black copper marans, crested cream legbars, buff orpingtons, white leghorns, light sussex, and Jersey giants. I hope to meet some other chicken people! :jumpy
Welcome, there are some good chicken people up there, Happy homesteading

We're finally getting ready for winter! Today two bantam cockerels moved to a friend's flock to replace her (lost to a fox) birds. She's adding electric, so hopefully the fox family will avoid her area in the future.
Horses moved, heaters running in water tank and under chicken waterers, new section of fencing finished.
We never get as much done as planned! Today the plastic sheeting goes up around the run. Still have firewood to split. Cattle need to move today or tomorrow.
Final trip to Munsell's with that white cockerel; sad, but the hens are much happier without him! Down to four males, and one of them could leave if necessary.
It's too dark too early at night!!!
Mary

Back
Top Bottom