Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Looks like a buzzard with a bad toupee!
lau.gif
You are just jealous...
wink.png
... but you are.
BYFM- I am sorry to say, but that silkie is a roo.
hide.gif
Uh oh...

I am home with my new goat, the Angora named Bailey! She is a bit skittish and unsure at the moment. Considering she has just left her herd, rode in a big dog crate for hours, and now is in a new place, 'tis understandable. Doesn't help that I plonked her on my dog/goat scale to get a weight on her, then wormed her (yucky tasting!). The only time I'll worm without a fecal is when bringing a new goat onto the property. They live separately for a little while (in sight and hearing distance, so as not to get too lonely) to make sure the newbie isn't sick.

Congrats on bringing Bailey home!
Here is what Stella looks like as of today. Another big egg today (that's 3 in a row). I think she's beautiful
love.gif

DH is home from hospital after only one night. 4" plate and 10 screws, ginormous splint that prevents his leg from bending goes halfway up his thigh. Two weeks of this it looks like, then, HOPEFULLY, a cast below the knee, then... well, it seems to go on and on ...
The one long screw in the left picture has more fractures in that ankle than they could count. The good news is that the joint looks good. So far the skin has held up. Another appointment in a week.

Last edited:
Ummmm...Stacy... you forgot more pics...
wink.png

Bretheren...Poor DH! Poor doc that had to figure out how to put that puzzle back together! Poor you...You need some wine for sure!
Is Stella rumpless all the time? She is beautiful!!!
I think I like the fan in the back and it might provide more protection from preditors... They get a mouthful of feathers from the tail instead of chicken...

Yes, she is rumpless all the time. It's a part of the breed trait, along with the feathers that grow from their cheeks. I find the differences between the breeds remarkable. They are all so related, yet all so different.

There were actually 2 surgeons working on him. Will be a long road for all of us.

Last edited:
Well it's OFFICIAL!!!! We have some amazing but at the same time shocking news....we are expecting! :)... 6.5 weeks and counting!!! I know, I am in shock too. I can hardly believe it myself. I wasn't going to post it on BYC but since you all are wonderful friends I wanted to make it BYC official. We are too overwhelmed to keep it a secret! Who would have guessed that me of all people would be expecting, but we sure are!!!!!!!!!! We are expecting Santa in just 6.5 weeks.....(hehehe)

Well it's OFFICIAL!!!! We have some amazing but at the same time shocking news....we are expecting! :)... 6.5 weeks and counting!!! I know, I am in shock too. I can hardly believe it myself. I wasn't going to post it on BYC but since you all are wonderful friends I wanted to make it BYC official. We are too overwhelmed to keep it a secret! Who would have guessed that me of all people would be expecting, but we sure are!!!!!!!!!! We are expecting Santa in just 6.5 weeks.....(hehehe)

yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

DH is home from hospital after only one night. 4" plate and 10 screws, ginormous splint that prevents his leg from bending goes halfway up his thigh. Two weeks of this it looks like, then, HOPEFULLY, a cast below the knee, then... well, it seems to go on and on ...
The one long screw in the left picture has more fractures in that ankle than they could count. The good news is that the joint looks good. So far the skin has held up. Another appointment in a week.

Brethren, I'm glad the surgery aspect is done for him and that it went well. Were they able to put all the fractures back in place or did they have to use any replacements?

Back
Top Bottom