Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

It basically creates an environment for algae to grow. The bubbles create oxygen rich environment and creates water flow over a screen for the algae to grow on. The light is red and blue spectrum light that encourages plant growth.
Ohhhh, it helps it grow!! 'Scrubber' made me think it was removing algae.
Cool Beans!!
Have read quite, in the distant past, a bit about tanks with live plants...can't remember half of it tho :D

Dagnabit! Tractor doesn't want to turn over. Too darn cold and not enough cranking amps on the stock battery. It has been on the trickle charger but not enough to crank. I might have to look into a block heater. Diesels are hard to start in the cold.

At least the UTV started and I can go plow a driveway. Beer money! :drool

Hi Tap! Temp just went up to 0 here. I bet your husband's job is super difficult right now. Tell him to stay safe.

Even with a glo plug my tractor has struggled a few times to start. I've been clicking it to the plug, waiting until the light goes off (when you would usually start it), turning it off and doing that two or three times before trying to start since then it's been starting very well.

After a quick trip to the dentist's I am going to get out the tractor and get everything cleaned off except the snowmobiles, which can wait until Saturday when it's warmer since they will have to be cleaned off by hand.

I'll have to try that little trick. It was -8 when I tried to start it earlier. Now that it us up to a balmy 3 I'll got try again.
It is absolutely gorgeous outside. Not a cloud in the sky. The light reflecting off of the snow is blinding.

PS, I'm still waiting for that damn propane tanker to show up. I guess I better call again. :barnie

Was sunny most the day here...quite uplifting...still too damn cold to be out for long.
Determined egg customers came over for eggs.... parked on shoulder, which had luckily been plowed, and walked down. Risky move on my busy road.
upload_2019-1-31_15-43-45.png

upload_2019-1-31_15-43-56.png

Darn tractor still doesn't want to turn over. Use the UTV at the neighbor's.
At least the propane arrived. Poor driver had been working 12 hour days. He still had more deliveries to make I felt kind of bad for him. Seems that the new office person had messed up the schedule.

Chickens are doing well. Coop is down to 7 degrees but no sign of stress or frostbite. And a third hen did the squat for me. :clap

Cold has been hard on my older hens. Lost one lavender orp yesterday. What do you do with a dead chicken in sub zero temps? Can't bury her. The other lavender orp looked cold so took her in today. She has perked up a little. Also brought another hen in yesterday. So, I have three hens in my basement. Have kept the 10 yr old silkie in all winter. She's my last bantam and I don't have a separate coop for her. Didn't want her to get picked on by the bigger hens.
I usually don't mind winter, but this brutal cold is just too much. Too cold to go sledding, which I enjoy doing after I'm done with my outdoor chores.
Stay warm and safe.. Hope you get your tractor started, RaZ.

Lost one lavender orp yesterday. What do you do with a dead chicken in sub zero temps? Can't bury her.
Bummer, So Sorry :(
Yes, toss into woods or field....or paper grocery sack and into the herby curby.
If you need to bury her, put her in the freezer until spring.

Back
Top Bottom