Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Sally PB

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2020
Belding, MI
I absolutely LOVE hearing stories about repurposed stuff. Ingenuity, creativity, and stuff NOT going into the landfills. :yesss: Keep those posts a-coming!

"Hot water heater" is another :rantfor me too. I mean, what a waste to heat water that is already hot! I happen to have a cold water heater.

Another one is "ATM machine." And "PIN number."

I once heard a weather forecaster warn of "gradually plummeting temps."

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
"Hot water heater" is another :rantfor me too. I mean, what a waste to heat water that is already hot! I happen to have a cold water heater.

Another one is "ATM machine." And "PIN number."

I once heard a weather forecaster warn of "gradually plummeting temps."
I think this goes in the other chat thread(BYC Cafe) ;)

RaZ

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
I absolutely LOVE hearing stories about repurposed stuff. Ingenuity, creativity, and stuff NOT going into the landfills. :yesss: Keep those posts a-coming!

That was what was nice about the Chicken Stock event. It was a good swap meet with everything from extra poultry to plant starts to feed bag shopping bags. Lot's of stuff was repurposed.

I'm in the kitchen right now re-purposing some rice that I got from the food pantry. It was supposed to be my supper last night but the bag was loaded with moths. I'm not squeamish but :sick. Chickens will appreciate some warm rice on this cold day.

RaZ

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
Unloaded the racks but it is too cold to be working on them.
RB.jpg
RA.jpg

Top Bottom