Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Scored some racks from work today once again. 4 racks like this and 2 aluminum racks that are horizontal.
R4.jpg
R3.jpg
R2.jpg
R1.jpg

I think I can adapt at least one in to a better nest box.

What do those look like?

The vertical ones have a nice angle for roll out nests, height might be an issue.
I'll get a photo tomorrow. It was dark when I got home and they are still on the trailer.

I think the angle is too steep as it sits. I can lessen that as I work the racks. If these angled bakery racks don't get used in the coop, I have a few ideas for them in the garage. At least one will be used for my powder coating studio.

The main point is that I saved perfectly good product from going to the landfill. Plus, I have store management saving stuff like this for me. ;)

I absolutely LOVE hearing stories about repurposed stuff. Ingenuity, creativity, and stuff NOT going into the landfills. :yesss: Keep those posts a-coming!

"Hot water heater" is another :rantfor me too. I mean, what a waste to heat water that is already hot! I happen to have a cold water heater.

Another one is "ATM machine." And "PIN number."

I once heard a weather forecaster warn of "gradually plummeting temps."

"Hot water heater" is another :rantfor me too. I mean, what a waste to heat water that is already hot! I happen to have a cold water heater.

Another one is "ATM machine." And "PIN number."

I once heard a weather forecaster warn of "gradually plummeting temps."
I think this goes in the other chat thread(BYC Cafe) ;)

I absolutely LOVE hearing stories about repurposed stuff. Ingenuity, creativity, and stuff NOT going into the landfills. :yesss: Keep those posts a-coming!

That was what was nice about the Chicken Stock event. It was a good swap meet with everything from extra poultry to plant starts to feed bag shopping bags. Lot's of stuff was repurposed.

I'm in the kitchen right now re-purposing some rice that I got from the food pantry. It was supposed to be my supper last night but the bag was loaded with moths. I'm not squeamish but :sick. Chickens will appreciate some warm rice on this cold day.

Back
Top Bottom