Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

My area is under a high wind advisory and another for shoreline flooding. Both until tomorrow morning. It was rainy & windy all day. A rather gloomy day.

Saw my PCP today. Even though she is in the same network she only got a few bits and pieces of information from the hospital. Anyway she is getting me appointments for some of the exams & tests that men over 50 get. She lanced the site of the IV infection. Said it looks like Mersa. A sample of the discharge was sent to the lab. I'll know for sure when I go in for a follow up on Friday.

The nurse changed the dressing on the PICC line. She was surprised that I'm doing the infusion myself. Yep, it's DYI medicine.

Not nice at all!
Been raining here pretty much non stop since noon yesterday,
harder and colder and windy today.
Finally just stopped about an hour ago.
Yeah, our rain stopped about 4:30 as well. We got 1.5-2", I think.

Really hoping they're right about a couple of dry days. I want to get some yard work done and that will give me a pile of stuff for the chickens to play with.

I had a dream last night that 2 of my 3 pullets started laying. :) The nice thing about that dream is that it will eventually come true!

WOW! The weather has turned crazy as crazy it can get. Drove under the rain to AA and made it safe. But coming back it was ok until I hit Lansing. Thankfully by GR and the rest it was more dry. However the winds were fearce in this area. # of my tarps where barely hanging,lol
I finally got the video in my computer about my little mama doing the crowing thing. Enjoy it!
Unfortunately it went as an MP4 and it is not supported here. Will see how I can change it today.
Sally, will text you tomorrow.
I am so freaking tired. Good night you all!

~Hugs~and~Kisses~

Last edited:
Dream, you drove thru Lansing and didn't call me?? lol I'm right here!
RaZ, saw you former town of Garden City on GMA this morning. A house was featured that went all out on Halloween lights synced to music.
It rained ALL. FREAKIN. DAY. Cold and misserable. Did let the chickens out at 3 when it was just lightly raining. The 4 hens I got have settled in quite nicely. All were on the roost mingled in with the other hens. I realize that a group of chickens is easier to integrate than a single hen. The bully of my flock hasn't bothered with these hens.

Have a great day friends!

Happy Tuesday. Rather dark and gloomy here. Wind is off the lake and waves rolling in look pretty nasty. Not a good day to be o the water. Finally got the Jeep aligned. It only took 3 months to do so. It was a comedy of errors to get it done. But done it is. Now I can safely get tires as soon as I can come up with the cash. Tire prices are up about 40% according to the shop that I use.

Stopped at TSC to get a heated waterer but they were out of stock. I should have stopped at FFH but I didn't.

Visiting nurse was here today for a blood draw. The lab results will determine when I can get the TEE that they want me to have. She cleaned and dressed the open wound on my arm. She is going to recommend that I have another 7-10 days of anti-biotic of infusion. What amazes me is how each specialty department has no clue what the others are doing.

Coming home from morning appointments I took the back way in. I spotted a fallen tree that looked good for firewood so I stopped to evaluate if it was something that I could use. Just a few steps away from the Jeep my knee gave out and I fell to the ground. I need it replaced sooner rather than later. It's no fun getting old but I guess it is better than the alternative. :old

I might be able to help for a day. Just ask. Give me about a week of notice beforehand.

I'm interested in your Nigerian dwarf doeling. Can you post a picture?
I'll do that later. I hardly get on here with all my to-do lists anymore, lol. She's a beauty. Very friendly also.

This is her Troyer.

Attachments

• IMGP3140.JPG
    IMGP3140.JPG
    677.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom