Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Here I am again checking in after another hiatus. How's all my old friends doing? Still have one hold over doeling Nigerian Dwarf I just can't seem to sell. All the other went like hotcakes and in my opinion she was the cutest, and friendliest. Ducks are starting to slow the lay down so I'll be telling the customers it'll be another long winter for eggs. What else? Integrated some Easter Eggers we raised and they fly the coop everyday! They go right to the apples and feast whil the entire flock stays in the coop. Darn birds. I do have a few Jersey Giants that will be ready to integrate maybe before the New Year. Have to decide if Mr. Big Pig is wintering over in his house or my freezer. Always too much to do.

Glad you're back!
All okay here, still a few too many chickens, especially an extra white Chantie cockerel. want one? Hate to put him in the freezer, he's nice. Getting ready for winter, always behind! Must move the horses this weekend, and probably start buying round bales next week. There's still grass, but it's getting in short supply.
No room for goats, even little ones, cute as they are!
Mary

No more Roos please. We had (ha ha) what were supposed to be 6 EE's. Well one is a Roo and we were done with them but he's in with the main flock. He's the only one of the 6 that don't fly out. Just cleaned the bunnies now onto a goat pen. I used to do all the pens in one day now I do one and contemplate another on a different day. I need to wash the north side of the barn also. It's time. That side gets the green stuff but it's pretty easy to wash off with a scrub brush and water. I don't use the pressure washer on my barn.

I thought I read you have bacterial endocarditis on your aortic valve. That requires 6 weeks of IV antibiotcs through a PICC line, then a repeat echocardiogram, usually via the esophagus for best visual to 1)ensure the bacteria is eradicated 2) assess for valve leaflet damage from the bacteria 3) determine to what degree the valve is functioning or dysfunctioning in order to plan any necessary next steps.
Keep that PICC line clean and covered. A secondary infection from animal feces is a high risk. Never let someone infuse, flush, inject without FIRST scrubbing the hub with alcohol pad. Simple step that most nurses won't miss, but it's your body.
Mayo or Cleaveland have fine valve clinics. I believe UMich does, too.
I refer a lot to Mayo due to geography to the UP..all are reputable.
I wish you a speedy recovery. Estimate 3 months to get back to feeling your best as long as no other bumps in the road. In other words, allow yourself time for a good recovery. :hugs
I have some type of blood infection thus the PICC and daily infusions. Four more days of Ceftriaxone & 10 days of Heparin. Then I can schedule the TEE. That is if the infection has cleared up. :fl

I see my PCP on Monday for a full review of what has happened and to get some things scheduled. After 3 score of years some of my parts are wearing out or breaking down. I especially want to get this knee replaced.

As for the PICC, I make sure to keep it clean and covered like the visiting nurse showed me. My right arm has an infection where I had an IV. The infection occurred while I was in the hospital. I would have thought that the daily antibiotics would take care of that but it seems to be getting worse. Hopefully it can be addressed by my PCP when I see her on Monday.

I hate talking about my health issues. It sounds so darn whiney. But I'm doing everything I can to get better. I just hope it is sooner than 3 months.

I have some type of blood infection thus the PICC and daily infusions. Four more days of Ceftriaxone & 10 days of Heparin. Then I can schedule the TEE. That is if the infection has cleared up. :fl

I see my PCP on Monday for a full review of what has happened and to get some things scheduled. After 3 score of years some of my parts are wearing out or breaking down. I especially want to get this knee replaced.

As for the PICC, I make sure to keep it clean and covered like the visiting nurse showed me. My right arm has an infection where I had an IV. The infection occurred while I was in the hospital. I would have thought that the daily antibiotics would take care of that but it seems to be getting worse. Hopefully it can be addressed by my PCP when I see her on Monday.

I hate talking about my health issues. It sounds so darn whiney. But I'm doing everything I can to get better. I just hope it is sooner than 3 months.
My apologies. Hang in there

We bought the land, and the house has been fixable. Not our dream house, but fine. Easier to fix the house than it's location!
Exactly the same thing here. The guy who built the house had his head in a dark orifice, but the location is fantastic.
We now have a whole house generator, that goes on automatically using our propane. love it!
May I ask what kind it is and how much it was? We are seriously thinking about that within the next year.

We bought a Generac, through a company recommended by a friend. At the time (2018?) it cost $4500 installed. And it runs everything! Sized to your electrical usage, it comes in different outputs.
I hear that prices have gone up (what hasn't?!) and we haven't had a long outage since, but so worth it!
Mary

Back
Top Bottom