Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

We sure had fun on this site back in the day! :gig:gig Oh, the things that went down!! A little too much fun that we got shut down! :oops:
There used to pages and pages and pages a day.

Wow, the picture makes her look much bigger I guess.
Nothing in pic for scale, I thought larger breed too.

Raz, it seems possible that what you THINK you can do and what you SHOULD do are not the same things. Honestly, would it kill you to take a few weeks off? I am so behind on outdoor winterizing that some of it is bound to be done after the snow flies. So what?
You are correct. The trouble is that I get bored easily. So I'll start something then see something else and jump on that. I realize that I can't do the heavy lifting any more so I'll put on my Engineer hat and figure out a way to work smarter instead harder.

Hauling that wood yesterday, I had help from a neighbor. He is an old guy like me so we tag teamed the heavier pieces. Same neighbor who I helped cut wood before I went into the hospital.

Between the power outage and hospital stay I lost 4-5 weeks of doing chores. I don't really want to be cutting firewood or cleaning the coop, garage, yard, etc. when it is cold and snowy.

I'm lucky that I have tools to help with the workload. I keep the manual labour at a minimum. And I work in brief increments, resting often and taking regular beer breaks .

It won't kill me to do nothing for a while but it would likely drive me crazy. I promise that I'm not over-doing it.

Back
Top Bottom