Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

And your Chanties look great! How are Big Boy and Little Boy getting along now? Updates!
Mary
They had a fight a few months ago that left one with a bloody ear. I thought it was Little Boy who lost but it was Big Boy. So now LB is top roo. He is not that great of protector or finder of food. He still sneak jumps the hens rather than dance for them like BB did. I'm sure that he is fertile. The eggs that I had lately have not been fertile. I'm hoping that the eggs my buff are sitting on are fertile. I know in another 2 weeks.

Free rooster. Any takers? He is a BR x EE cross.

Paulie Walnuts is a very sweet boy and is 2 years old now. A little short on brains, but he is very sweet, lets you pet him, eats out of your hand and takes great care of his girls. He lives in a flock with 8 hens and has done a great job protecting them and is a proven dad--we have a few of his chicks. He is free-ranged with hens all summer. He's never shown a hint of aggression toward people or our cats. He is closely related to half of my hens, so we will need to find a different dad. He has shown aggression toward just one of my hens in the recent weeks.

Attachments

• Paulie Walnuts.jpeg
    Paulie Walnuts.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1
Lol Baby mama is walking around all puffed up. Then she disappeared. Found her laying on her box over a ceramic egg. Can I let her have chicks right where she is at? She is only with Lil mama and Pitbull. I already have the wood to make their quarters a big bigger. The Wyndottes do not need much and they are bately laying eggs. I might only leave 4 eggs if so. Two of each sebright. Curious of the offspring of a sebright and cubalaya,lol Never have seen eggs hatch in real life,just videos. It must be a true gift of life!
@Dreamzchaser Here are some Cubalaya x Sebright crosses.
Rooster
IMG_9862.JPG

Rooster henny feathered.
IMG_6065.JPG

Pullet
IMG_6665.JPG

Pullet
IMG_3361.JPG

Something weird going on in my gardens this year. Not much blooming going on. Iris plants just have leaves. Lillies just have leaves. Flowering cherry tree no flowers. Joe Pye Weed just barely coming out of the ground. Lost a couple of plants in front, but I think it's because the mulch I bought had a fungus develop. But no mulch in the back gardens. My peonies are doing good. :idunno:idunno:idunno:idunno

Hmph, they weren't very impressed with melon. :confused: It isn't something I usually have extra so this is the first time for it. That might be the problem but they are used to getting new things and it doesn't usually slow them down.

Back
Top Bottom