Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Just back from Indiana. Took my snowblower to son and headed right back. Good thing hub went with me. We left around 530am. One thing is that has prices were 50 cents less in Indiana. However, coming out of the last gas station took a fall and peeled my left knee. This is going to hurt tonight and tomorrow for sure.

20221008_203145.jpg

This was my first ever encounter with a LEO that I actually had respect for. He was a pretty decent guy. I think I might just send a letter of appreciation to the sheriff about this deputy.

Freddy was a great cat. He was a rescue that was never sick. He didn't have a grey hair despite his age. He always slept on a pillow next to me. My night watchman. Gonna miss that old tom.

Ok guys, with pain and all, made some progress on the chicken cook and run. The heater is ready to turn on when needed as well as a plate on the side of the roost. The other one was not working so it got removed waiting to get a new one. Sand on floor and dog crate inside coop in case it is needed there. Outside the heated dog bowls are in place for when it is needed.
Garden will have to wait two more days. Tomorrow need to get rat bait for both runs just in case. I have an enclosed TomTom and catches them inside and nor be a problem to the animals. And also 2 construction grade extension cords to pass electricity to the ducks and two more water heaters for the ducks. I am just worry that it may not be enough water. Will see!

20221009_141754.jpg 20221009_141800.jpg 20221009_141809.jpg 20221009_141812.jpg 20221009_141816.jpg 20221009_141819.jpg

Aaaaaand Widget is broody again. She's been on the nest all day. I'll toss her out at lockup and block them off. Tomorrow she's going in the crate.

Today I planted pots of lettuce, spinach, and kale in the green house. It must be 80 in there. I was dripping with sweat when I was done.

I'm really liking my new (to me) car. :)

Today turned out to be a pretty good day. Work went well after 2 weeks of utter chaos. We were done early. That gave me the time to get the car repair parts that I needed and get the Jeep fixed. It is now drivable to get me back and forth to work. Best of all was that things went together well and I didn't have to cuss once.

Then some people parked a truck & trailer at the end of my road. They unloaded 3 horses for a ride in the woods. Got a chance to make friends with the horses (and the people) before they started their ride. I didn't have any sugar cubes but I had some carrots to treat the horses. Nothing like hand feeding a horse to lift one's spirits.

On the poultry front, my chickens are in a moult. No eggs for the past week. One duck egg today. My yard looks like a feather pillow exploded but none of the birds are ugly naked. I did pick up some extra protein feed for them. They also got some mealworm treats and leftover salad to help keep them happy. I still need to get the coop ready for winter but it will be done shortly. :fl

none of the birds are ugly naked.
One of my black Australorps looks like a naked neck with porcupine quills sticking out. Poor girl.

They didn't eat much yesterday. Didn't finish mash snack, didn't empty the bowl that's usually empty at night. But they all ran out this morning and ate like they were starving, so that made me feel better.

Except Widget. Who is broody. Again. She ran out, ate a bit, drank a bit, then went back to the coop and went into the nest. I'm getting out the broody breaker crate today.

One of my black Australorps looks like a naked neck with porcupine quills sticking out. Poor girl.

They didn't eat much yesterday. Didn't finish mash snack, didn't empty the bowl that's usually empty at night. But they all ran out this morning and ate like they were starving, so that made me feel better.

Except Widget. Who is broody. Again. She ran out, ate a bit, drank a bit, then went back to the coop and went into the nest. I'm getting out the broody breaker crate today.
Got the leghorn eggs that maybe Pitbull mated, we can put under her. My girls will never get broody. I want chicks from Pitbull and P2fa.

Know any good dog breeders near Tawas City, that sells puppies under $800? We're looking for a medium, or small short haired breed.

Had to put our dog Fang down a couple days ago due too a really bad tumor. We are all heartbroken, my dad's worse. He wants a puppy before October ends, which I don't understand the deadline.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom