Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

When I was a child growing up it wasn’t unusual to eat pickles and cookies at the same time, like, take a bite of one and then the other. Our Sunday church lunch consisted of bread, peanut butter, pickles, red beets, some variety of fruit jam, apple butter and the many versions of sugar cookies including the occasional sour cream cookies,
I have never really liked pickles(or anything pickled), maybe a few slices on a loaded cheeseburger.
My mother loved them, pickle and pnut butter sammiches.

Happy Turkey Day!
1669297095161.png

Happy Thursday everyone.
It was a beautiful day here. Sunny and 55 degrees. It inspired me to go out and cut wood. I have 3 piles that need to be cut to stove size and then split. My usual routine is to fuel up the saw and cut until it runs out of gas. Then I gas up the splitter and split until it runs out of gas. I can get a lot done that way. I have one of the piles completely cut, split, and stacked. I'd pat myself on the back but I can't lift my arm that high. :old

Hubby insisted that I use white potatoes for the mashed potatoes, not blue ones. Stickler for conventional tradition, he is.

I've never made mashed blues; does the color leach out? I'll have to try it.

Hubby insisted that I use white potatoes for the mashed potatoes, not blue ones. Stickler for conventional tradition, he is.

I've never made mashed blues; does the color leach out? I'll have to try it.
I've had several blue veggies, IIRC the color is only on the surface and pretty much disappears with cooking.

Back
Top Bottom