Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

We had a great time with sibling and in laws. Enjoyed three meals together and some snacking. Got mostly caught up with each other and had a really good time just enjoying each other. No politics which is somewhat unusual, but very enjoyable not getting into them. We had a smallish turkey, baked green beans with cheese and a topping of browned butter and crackers, homemade stuffing, fresh mashed potatoes with brown gravy and a broccoli salad.
Desserts were pumpkin and apple pie, the cookies I made along with mixed fruit which consisted of pineapple, pears, red raspberries, green and red grapes, blueberries and apples in an orange/pineapple juice slightly thickened.
We are back home safe and sound with a great Thanksgiving experience. Truly a reason to be thankful for family to peacefully get together with.

Early morning phone call from work. Trucks that were scheduled were canceled so I didn't have to go to work.
That gave me the opportunity yo listen to the HS football championship game. It was an exciting game right to the end but the local team lost. They had a heck of a season.

So with the extra free time I went out and split a bunch of wood. Got a lot done but it won't be ready to burn until next year. There is a little bit of dry ash that I can use now. There is more in the 2 piles I have left to split tomorrow. It is supposed to be half-way decent tomorrow and I have it off.

Still waiting on my chickens to lay an egg. At least I've had a couple of duck eggs.

On of my girls is sleeping on the shelf next to the nest boxes. Last night I uncovered the nest and put her in it. Tonight, she's back on the shelf next to it, so she can stay there if she wants. Silly girl.

I'll leave the nest open in case she wants some nice soft shavings to sit on instead.

Tonight we finally got to banding the 2021 birds (didn't have any this year!) and trimming some nails on a few of the older hens, the big rooster, and tipped the spurs on the young EE bantam. They have mites again, thanks to those invading sparrows. Again. :mad:
Need to treat them all, hopefully tomorrow.
Our new project dog is being a project, for sure. He decided to open part of his incision from the tumor removal, so redid it Wednesday. On the way home he removed his E-collar, so rebuilt it when we got home. Never mind the couple of stitches he removed then too...
Working on his pre-heartworm treatment meds, so he has the best chance to come through that too. Healthy? Not so much! He is the sweetest boy ever!
Mary

Last edited:
Well Mary, he sounds like a handful!

I think the birds kind of lost their minds today. It was actually pretty nice out, low 40s and most of the snow is melted. So I let them out for a few hours this afternoon. When I went out to call them in they stood at the edge of the woods and just stared at me. When I went over to herd them back they ran into the woods. I finally got all of them except one back in the pen, then I had to run to work for a little bit. She almost got donated to the local Fox population, but fortunately for her she was waiting at the door when I got home so will make it through the night. What a bunch of gooseberries.

Glad everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I had a great one too. Ham and cheese omelet for breakfast and sleeping pills. Woke about 4, checked for eggs,food,and water. Had a ham and chesandwich and went back to bed. Only the sounds of the chickens and quackies all day. That was a blessing!
Tomorrow will try again but will call the store in GR to see if I can get the veggies for the pasteles.
Dang Lovechild is crowing right now!
Well, now that he is the conversation, had to put Pitbull with the chihuahuas (sebrights) on the small back coop. LoveChild will chase Pitbull over the whole property and me behind them. Do not want Pitbull to get hurt. He is going to have to keep his chihuahuas and LoveChild the rest of them. And yes, he is mating the big girls. He got on Rachel and Pelosi saw him and flew right at him to get him off her,lol
Then, the quackies are learto mate too. Boy gets on girl and trying to find his balance. Once he does and she lifts her tail, he falls over big time,lol Seriously, there is nothing on TV more entertaining these crazy animals, lol
Today, everyone was out, barely no snow around. I walked outside on flip-flops.

20221125_135027.jpg
20221125_135040.jpg
20221125_135045.jpg

Glad everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I had a great one too. Ham and cheese omelet for breakfast and sleeping pills. Woke about 4, checked for eggs,food,and water. Had a ham and chesandwich and went back to bed. Only the sounds of the chickens and quackies all day. That was a blessing!
Tomorrow will try again but will call the store in GR to see if I can get the veggies for the pasteles.
Dang Lovechild is crowing right now!
Well, now that he is the conversation, had to put Pitbull with the chihuahuas (sebrights) on the small back coop. LoveChild will chase Pitbull over the whole property and me behind them. Do not want Pitbull to get hurt. He is going to have to keep his chihuahuas and LoveChild the rest of them. And yes, he is mating the big girls. He got on Rachel and Pelosi saw him and flew right at him to get him off her,lol
Then, the quackies are learto mate too. Boy gets on girl and trying to find his balance. Once he does and she lifts her tail, he falls over big time,lol Seriously, there is nothing on TV more entertaining these crazy animals, lol
Today, everyone was out, barely no snow around. I walked outside on flip-flops.
So Pitbull is de-throned. Lovechild x Rachel should produce a good layer.

Back
Top Bottom