Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hello all,
We caught this somewhat large bird incoming on the birdfeeder cam...and have no idea what kind of bird it is! Does anyone have any ideas? We live in the lower MI area
View attachment 3542058
It's pretty blurry, but the head almost looks duck-like. The beak doesn't look like that of a bird of prey to me. It's pretty hard to tell, though.

Chicken Stock here I come!
38F44457-5339-4421-8729-C0694F9D52EA.jpeg

After a few days a few hens came back home. But then I lost the injured roo (big Boy) to what was likely a racoon. He was always a bit lame then the dog attack hurt him some more. Then this morning I wake up to find that the other rooster was pulled through the coop wall and killed. I suspect a racoon since part of the door trim was pulled away, leaving a gap that was just big enough to grab Little Boy. It's been a rough week.
I'm tired and I have several more days to work before a day off.

Randy, now that the critters have realized the buffet is open, you're going to have to tighten up security. I also live in a country setting, but regularly see all kinds of things that would happily eat my birds.

I love living in a place where I can go all day without seeing people if I wish, but there's no way to keep chickens safe roaming loose in that kind of environment.

☹️

Back
Top Bottom