Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Very bad. No veterinarian in the area. She keeps getting bigger. She is inside. Gasping for air since all her organs are being pushed up. After last bath, put a good amount of Vaseline and prayed over her and begged her to push while I massaged her. I tried putting my small finger in but wouldn't go in. Like there is no depth for me to go. Saw a bit of blood and stopped. Scared of squeezing her either. Very difficult situation. She is exhausted and I am stressed and afraid. Can't find antibiotics on TSC nor FFH. Nobody to do this with. Crying my heart out. Have an all day commitment tomorrow. Leaving her inside with some food and water. Just checked on her and she is laying on her side gasping. If nothing happens, I will have to put her down so she doesn't suffer anymore. Talked to Rose but have no way of contacting Mrs. Mary who has expertise as a veterinarian. Please pray for me to get clarity of what to do next.
View attachment 3664267View attachment 3664268
I'm so sorry

Dreamz, she could be bloated from air if she had air sac issues, or she could be septic in her abdomen which can happen in birds that have retained eggs.
Either way, at this point antibiotics would probably not cure her, as she is so terribly ill. I'm sorry to say that your thoughts about putting her down may be the best thing for her.

Dreamz, she could be bloated from air if she had air sac issues, or she could be septic in her abdomen which can happen in birds that have retained eggs.
Either way, at this point antibiotics would probably not cure her, as she is so terribly ill. I'm sorry to say that your thoughts about putting her down may be the best thing for her.
x2

It has been quite a while since I've taken photos of my flock. These 2 were out and I had my phone. So here they are...pullets from TSC. What do you think?
roo5.jpg
roo4.jpg
roo3.jpg
roo2.jpg
roo1.jpg

I think they are EE. I bought EE & Marans at the same time. I think Marans have feathered feet. Or do I have that backwards?

It has been quite a while since I've taken photos of my flock. These 2 were out and I had my phone. So here they are...pullets from TSC. What do you think?
View attachment 3665224View attachment 3665225View attachment 3665226View attachment 3665227View attachment 3665228

I think they are EE. I bought EE & Marans at the same time. I think Marans have feathered feet. Or do I have that backwards?
Breed wise I am unfortunately no help…. But gender wise…. Unless I’m loosing it I believe they are both roosters

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom