Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Yes, she seemed alert after she took a nap during bath the scared me. She really went out. The up the street neighbor is coming this afternoon to do her. I spent the night with her. Not eating nor drinking. I have managed to get bits of water in with syringe but not much. Hard day today. After medical appointment need to get a box and prepare her resting place by Lil'Mama. I guess that will be my pet cemetery. Thank you Mrs. Mary. I know you would have given me much advise. It's OK. I know Raz is right. I just can't do it myself.
The other 3 terrorists I didn't have a problem cutting their necks but when they are sweet and love on you by eating out of your hand, fly on you to take afternoon naps, steal your snacks and look at you like, it was mine anyways. They become your confident companion. But it is what it is. Leghorns are prone to many illnesses. Every one else looks fine.
Moved their roosting area and need to make 2 steps areas. One for me to go in in the winter and one movable for them. And also moved the nesting boxes. Will see what happens today. Will post after this is done. You most have my number. Text me if you want. SallyPB can give it out if you don't have it or Mrs Rose.

Yes, she seemed alert after she took a nap during bath the scared me. She really went out. The up the street neighbor is coming this afternoon to do her. I spent the night with her. Not eating nor drinking. I have managed to get bits of water in with syringe but not much. Hard day today. After medical appointment need to get a box and prepare her resting place by Lil'Mama. I guess that will be my pet cemetery. Thank you Mrs. Mary. I know you would have given me much advise. It's OK. I know Raz is right. I just can't do it myself.
The other 3 terrorists I didn't have a problem cutting their necks but when they are sweet and love on you by eating out of your hand, fly on you to take afternoon naps, steal your snacks and look at you like, it was mine anyways. They become your confident companion. But it is what it is. Leghorns are prone to many illnesses. Every one else looks fine.
Moved their roosting area and need to make 2 steps areas. One for me to go in in the winter and one movable for them. And also moved the nesting boxes. Will see what happens today. Will post after this is done. You most have my number. Text me if you want. SallyPB can give it out if you don't have it or Mrs Rose.
Big hugs, Dreamz ♡♡♡

Last edited:
What a perfectly glorious day! 41 years ago, today - on our way to the hospital to welcome our first mancub, we had light flurries. Today, we gathered on the back deck in short sleeves for a birthday dinner. Paul requested Shepherd's Pie. Happy Birthday to my Pauliwog! Best kid on earth ♡
received_6840457389378859.jpeg

Late checking in.. @Dreamzchaser so sorry about your hen. It's always hard when you spend so much time with them and then have to let them go.

@RaZ .... there are 2 standards for Marans. English is clean legged and French is feathered. It's hit or miss with hatcheries, but the APA only recognizes the French standard.
Some of my Marans look clean but they like to pick the feathers of each others legs for whatever reason. Have a closer look at their legs for confirmation. You might see tiny shafts sticking out.

What a gloomy day. Going to toss some apples in the run for the girls (oh, and boy) today. They got quite the scare this morning when they were tearing up my flower bed and my cat jumped into the window to get to them. Cat is fine. He can't lose any more braincells by running into anymore walls/windows, tho. He's already cross-eyed :gig

OK. Which one of you witches cursed me with the" RaZ's Rooster Ranch" spell?! :mad: lmao
Yep. One more pullet has magically turned into a rooster. Not only that, one more duck has the drake feather. Current count is 2 drakes and 4 roosters. Thankfully I have enough room and companion hens that all should be fine. That could change if any of the males become aggressive or show bad behaviour.

This "new" rooster seems to be emerging at the top dog of the flock. I hope the pecking order is sorted out before we completely lose the daylight and enter winter.
onemore2.jpg
onemore.jpg

He is quite pretty in the sunshine.

Back
Top Bottom