Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

'"What is malanga called in English?

Malanga is also called yautia or cocoyam in English and is a starchy vegetable that is popular in African, South American, and Caribbean cuisines. The malanga plant (Xanthosoma atrovirens) has thick, fleshy leaves and mainly grows in tropical areas. Malanga root is fleshy with brown, hairy skin."

Now I wish I could grow it up here. The nutrition profile is better than potatoes.
Not enough hot days here. They are more than 100 days, so for me is a bust. I would had loved to grow them here.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Miss you all! I can't barely write here 'cause my cell is all wack with all so huge. Need to take it to someone that knows how to fix that. I have tried but didn't work.

If not snowing, will have that heart test next week.

Everything is ok with the 24 birds. Pitbull and Itty-bitty are getting along perfect. Everyone is sharing at the big coop, yes!
Blanch is deformed again. She molts fearlessly,lol her whole neck is exposed looking almost like Sophia my turken. However, now the roof is leaking and no way to fix it until next summer. Tarp placed but not holding too well.

They smuggled me yesterday. Went to check and collect eggs and wouldn't let them out cause of the soft rain and they blocked me going in. Managed to go in and close door. Went up to the coop and they all went in after me. Went down and they blocked the door. So, I gave in,lol let them all out. Dumb birds!

20231111_155526.jpg
20231111_155512.jpg
20231111_155432.jpg

Back
Top Bottom