Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Laura, just wash your veggies before you eat them. Also, you may consider investing in a varmint gun or learn to shoot one... that way you won't have to kill it twice, and you provide a quicker death.
Not all us women are passive some of us prefer the direct approach!
gig.gif

Wynnette, glad you're ok. We had that happen once... not like you, but it's definitely a "tightening" moment!!
ep.gif

Last edited:
When we checked the broody hens this morning, two little heads poked out from under one of them. The Cuckoo Marans, who has been most diligent has hatched some chicks. How many, we do not yet know. The B australorp left the nest again this AM and none of her eggs had hatched.....yet? We were/are thrilled. Jo called me Chicken Grandpa. Logically, all we did is allow nature to take its course. Not as wonderful as the birth of a child, but it is a kick.

Wynette,
Glad you're OK.

Thanks, everyone, for your well wishes & kind comments. MI peeps ROCK! For those who mentioned that I may live near them, I'm in Swartz Creek (just SW of Flint).

Gosh, tons of activity on this thread today - geesh, log off for a couple hours and way behind again!

(ETA: Rose, I chatted with ShelleyB this morning - I miss her on here, but it was nice to catch up!)

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone, for your well wishes & kind comments. MI peeps ROCK! For those who mentioned that I may live near them, I'm in Swartz Creek (just SW of Flint).

Gosh, tons of activity on this thread today - geesh, log off for a couple hours and way behind again!

(ETA: Rose, I chatted with ShelleyB this morning - I miss her on here, but it was nice to catch up!)

So sorry to hear that things are so chaotic! Wishing everyone well!!!

I'm your neighbor, I'm in Durand
yippiechickie.gif
I'll have to remember that when I need to add to my flock in the spring, DH is in love with his hatchery jerseys, I can't imagine how happy he'd be to see some good stock.

Been in Durand for a year and a half and just drove through SwartzCreek on Saturday. I had no idea I was only 15 minutes from a mall!

Last edited:
I'm your neighbor, I'm in Durand
yippiechickie.gif
I'll have to remember that when I need to add to my flock in the spring, DH is in love with his hatchery jerseys, I can't imagine how happy he'd be to see some good stock.

Been in Durand for a year and a half and just drove through SwartzCreek on Saturday. I had no idea I was only 15 minutes from a mall!
Holy heck, yep, we're close to be sure! I have a man coming up from Ohio to pick up a few Giants soon; I have to get my alpha male weighed up for this guy, but this cock bird is HUGE. If your DH liked big birds, he's love this male!

Gosh, my old hay guy (former, not old) is from Durand; he retired this past spring and left me in the lurch for hay, so I guess it's HIS fault that we almost wrecked last night with our load of hay- HA!

Talked to Shellyb not too long ago. She's such a doll.
Done weeding for today. Going out to dinner for our anniversary. Making some headway, but man, there's so many weeds!! They had no problem growing during the drought.

Back
Top Bottom