Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I am way behind on posts, don't have time to catch up now but your shop sounds very interesting... I have a 10 yr old grand daughter that is interesting in bows but is left handed, can you tell me about how much a lefty for a child would cost?

got a call from John in B in Burch Run, I had ordered chicks from him and they were put in the mail yesterday, arrived this AM bright and early, they are a great distraction LOL, all healthy and pretty

they are in the brooder I got from HH and doing well

I would get her eye dominance checked first. Because I am left handed right eye dominant so I use a right handed bow. LH & RH bows cost the same.

here is my dd with her genesis we got it used for 50.00 lol....A brand new one will cost about 169.00 more or less.

Anyone interested in a flock of Pekins? 5 gals, 1 drake. 2- 2+yrs old, 1- 1 yr old, and 3- 7 week olds? And 1 big Mixed drake that looks little like a Sweedish?

Last edited:
I would get her eye dominance checked first. Because I am left handed right eye dominant so I use a right handed bow. LH & RH bows cost the same.

here is my dd with her genesis we got it used for 50.00 lol....A brand new one will cost about 169.00 more or less.

Aww, you have an awesome little archer on your hands! I agree about the used bows. A well maintained used bow is worth it! It may have some character marks, but those are merely cosmetic! My own bow is a recurve by the Bear company, a Kodiak. I bought it used years ago and still love it.

Love the bow hunting pics, you guys! Reminds me of when I was little and would accompany my dad out on hunts... falling asleep in a pile of leaves until I heard his rifle. He never trusted me with my own bow or gun though
hmm.png
idunno.gif

Ugh. What a crazy busy day. Probably getting another foster dog tonight (even though we keep saying that 3 dogs in the house is too many) and figure out how everything is going to play out after adoptions on Saturday to see if we can get back to just our dog and 1 foster. Poor guy was tied outside, literally living in garbage at an abandoned trailer. Animal Control told the lady that runs the rescue that if she couldn't take him he was going to have to be put down.
sad.png
His stray hold was up, and our area shelter won't accept him because he's a pitbull.

I'm a bit irritated with the hatchery. OK. More than a little irritated. My original order of chicks was 1 short on the broilers, and completely missing the barred rocks. I called on Monday morning to report how many chicks had died, and talk to them about the missing chicks, and re-order chicks to replace the missing and dead ones. So I went and picked up my chicks this morning. I'm supposed to have 2 Dominiques and 2 Speckled Sussex. I RECIEVED 2 Dominique and ONE Speckled Sussex. So my order was packed incorrectly again. The label on the box even SAYS 2 of each for a total of 4 chicks. Is it so difficult to count to TWO???? Guess I'm going to have to call them up again. I hate having to be the unhappy customer on the phone because it's not the fault of the CS person.......and since I work as a server I know what it's like to bear the wrath of unhappy customers over something that you have 0 control over.

Yeah we got it mounted for her, which is hanging in her room- against my DH protest to hang it in the store.... our good friend does an amazing job (he does taxidermy) and is very reasonably priced and you don't wait a year to get it back- this took around 2-3 months. We are located in Alma, which if you guys ever come north, are more than welcome to bring your bows out, do a little shooting, and maybe check out some bows.... we are still pretty small (No Cabelas/Jays) but we have a good selection for being open a year!
Would he be willing to do up a jackalope if I supplied the rabbit (belgian hare) and rack?

Good Morning :)
Busy day today, like every day. Eggs are hatching at home right now...hoping for a couple more good hatches so I have some silkies, showgirls and speckled sussex to bring to chickenstock. I'm excited to say my friends from Pennsylvania who came up last year will be attending again! :) They had a great time and really enjoyed meeting everyone from our thread. I'm trying to get her on BYC but she gave up trying to figure it out...we're going to have an on-the-phone how-to session lol. Our older Nubian doe is going to a new home tonight..hoping we can get out there and not get eaten alive by skeeters! HOLY COW! They are horrible at our house. :( Makes for a crappy time doing chores. I haven't had to spray the yard for skeeters in quite a while because pesticides scare me because of the animals...but it might have to happen this year.
Raz, was it you who had those twisty weeping willows last year at chickenstock?...someone ran mine over with the lawn mower...
roll.png
You need to get with Holly duck farmer. Ducks eat both flies and mosquitoes & larvae. They make great pest control.
Anyone interested in a flock of Pekins? 5 gals, 1 drake. 2- 2+yrs old, 1- 1 yr old, and 3- 7 week olds? And 1 big Mixed drake that looks little like a Sweedish?
How far are you from Millington?

My hatchery order came this morning. Out of 15, 5 were DOA and 3 were in bad shape, down but still breathing. If I order again I'm going to try getting expedited shipping.

I brought golden willows to Chicken Stock last year. If people want some, I can get some cuttings started.
I also have several green ash seedlings that I need to remove.

Back
Top Bottom