Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I feel guilty saying this, since I have a wonderful dog, but I am definitely NOT a dog person. I even worked at a Humane Society for over three years and didn't realize it until owning one. I don't like that we are tied to our home to let her out and can't go on vacations very easily. The barking and leaping at the door whenever someone knocks really rubs me the wrong way. I end up having to put her in the bathroom whenever someone is here since she sounds like she wants to tear whoever is at the door to shreds, even though she is actually timid and a big baby, and a certified AKC Canine Good Citizen and been through multiple training classes. Hah, good thing the testing didn't involve someone in a UPS uniform! We will keep her the rest of her silly collie life, but then it is just cats, chickens and fish for me.

CONGRATULATIONS RAZ
wee.gif

Copied from wingless on the RTF thread...
I also want to say that I just found this RTF course, offered by MSU in three different locations - tomorrow.

Deciphering Michigan's Right to Farm Act for Local Governments - June 11, 2013 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | NMU Olson Library, Rm 109 1401 Presque Isle Ave. Marquette, MI 49855

Deciphering Michigan's Right to Farm Act for Local Governments - June 11, 2013 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | Northwest Michigan Horticultural Research Center 6686 S. Center Highway Traverse City, MI 49684

Deciphering Michigan's Right to Farm Act for Local Governments - June 11, 2013 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | Livingston County MSU Extension 2300 E. Grand River Ave., Suite 111 Howell, MI 48843

I am going to try to make the one in Howell.

Note that the next day, Wednesday June 12th, is the next meeting of the Ag Commission. That meeting will be held in Detroit.

Nice, Raz, but I see an (illegal!!) straw bale in the background! Shame on you.
I like cats and dogs (and chickens) all, for completely different reasons.
That is a Halloween decoration.
big_smile.png

Now that a state agency is on-board with small farmers, it is time to get the MDARD's support.

I've never met an animal that I haven't liked.

I never have seen the attraction to cats. They aren't overly friendly. They're often aloof and arrogant.
You've clearly never met my Kiku. I think she's actually a small dog with pointy ears. My daughter has her rolling over on command, and she comes running to have her belly scratched whenever I come home.
Clarence and Tammy, however, completely fit your definition.
Oh, and you forgot. If you DON'T like cats, cats will find you absolutely irresistible.

There is no argument about a dog’s usefulness. But the preference for dogs vs. cats as pets is entirely personal. It's no coincidence that dog lovers are typically extroverts while cat lovers are introverts.

And that's it right there. I'm definitely an introvert. Being of Finnish descent, my personal space is approximately five acres. :eek:)

Awesome all around today! Like that hoop house.

Ok so today I approached an overgrown area of my yard, anyway found some thistles that were just covered with these little teeny tiny black bugs... Primarily at the tips. But the weeds appeared black, there were just hundreds of the bugs. What were they, does anyone know? Sorry was without phone so no pic :(

Back
Top Bottom