Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I never have seen the attraction to cats. They aren't overly friendly. They're often aloof and arrogant. Dogs on the other hand are help mates. They are used for a wide variety of tasks from sheep and cattle herding, to leader dogs for the blind. Many breeds are used to pull sleds and carts. They guard our property, watch our children, aid law enforcement. The list goes on and on. You've never heard of a rescue cat, yet the headlines are filled with examples of canine heroism.

Since dogs are used for many types of work and by many different businesses, does anyone know what breed could be used by a porti-potty company?
Can't argue with them not being used to rescue anything. My Australian Cattle Dog, aka Blue Heeler, named Jillaroo (appropriately - a cowgirl down under) is a very intelligent breed. Cats are very intelligent and calculating, probably too smart for their own good (have you ever tried herding cats?). I was lucky enough to work with dogs in the military for many years so I'm forever and always a dog person. Matter of fact I think the only time I've cried (yet) was when my hound Jasmine died unexpectedly a few years ago. Still, cats are awesome!

I never have seen the attraction to cats. They aren't overly friendly. They're often aloof and arrogant. Dogs on the other hand are help mates. They are used for a wide variety of tasks from sheep and cattle herding, to leader dogs for the blind. Many breeds are used to pull sleds and carts. They guard our property, watch our children, aid law enforcement. The list goes on and on. You've never heard of a rescue cat, yet the headlines are filled with examples of canine heroism.

Since dogs are used for many types of work and by many different businesses, does anyone know what breed could be used by a porti-potty company?
Can't argue with them not being used to rescue anything. My Australian Cattle Dog, aka Blue Heeler, named Jillaroo (appropriately - a cowgirl down under) is a very intelligent breed. Cats are very intelligent and calculating, probably too smart for their own good (have you ever tried herding cats?). I was lucky enough to work with dogs in the military for many years so I'm forever and always a dog person. Matter of fact I think the only time I've cried (yet) was when my hound Jasmine died unexpectedly a few years ago. Still, cats are awesome!

Question about the PVC trough feeder. I want to install it in my coop. How do you keep it from getting pooed in and perched on? Would it work well enough if I hung it against an inside wall at back level?

They might perch on it but mine aren't in the coop enough to spend much time on it. I've never noticed poo in the food anyway. That could be a con though, if they were prone to perching on it. I would think your hanging idea would be fine. I like it kind of high so they reach over the edge. No spillage, ever, because the sides curve inward.

I screw all my cats up! Bwa ha ha ha! I teach them to walk on leashes, and to enjoy car rides. Enough to pester me to go for rides! I even had one who liked to fetch ball with one of those little foam golf balls. :D

So what kind of introvert does that make me???

But birds have always had my heart, the only downside to them was that you couldn't hold them like a dog or cat................. but then i found chickens! :)

Congrats RaZ!!
thumbsup.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

Nice, Raz, but I see an (illegal!!) straw bale in the background! Shame on you.

I like cats and dogs (and chickens) all, for completely different reasons.
Ditto!! And my cats are extremely affectionate, one so much that he will drool all over you
sickbyc.gif
. Another suffers from separation anxiety and is a real Mama's boy. I love my cats and I will be sorry when the time comes for them to pass but I won't be getting anymore. I will however always have a dog or two or three.

Btw, you should see the looks i get at Mc D's when they spy the cat............. the "oh there's a stuffed cat in the window..." look, followed by the raised eyebrows as they ascertain that he's pretty real looking, then finally the "OMG he just moved, i can't believe that's a real cat sleeping in the window!" look.

I even had one partially blind (almost complete albino) that would sit at my shoulder on my truck's bench seat. Or at my one foot, only cat i've ever trusted near my brake pedal. He knew where that pedal was, and would sit guard down there for me when i drove. Once someone let him out of my truck, and he went under the truck and sat patiently under my door for me to get back to let him back in! I had a hear attack, he could have easily been scared in the parking lot and gotten lost or hit!

(Old chevy, not a truck driver)

Back
Top Bottom