Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Opa, I wish we had a place around here to donate old chickens to, I know what you mean about the sussex I have 2 also, always the first in line for a treat or the first ones at the shovel. if I they here me digging, But they are 5+ and need to go along with the rest of the older group, Kind of waiting for the weather to cool abit then they will be soup
I know Blandford Nature Center is on the wrong side of the city for you, but it's a possible they'd be grateful for a donation.

Hi ellen, i don't know whether your baby is still alive or not but this is the link I have that has helped me
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry
The Grand Rapids Press did too! :D It looked promising, and was interesting to me because Grand Rapids had moved last year to NOT allow chickens? I can't find a link. :( But it's probably the same/ similar because it mentioned BYC too. :)
It was an AP piece, and likely ended up in papers across the country. GR does not allow chickens. Um... legally. ;)

I have a question for you rabbit folks. My son found a small rabbit that has been injured and wants to help. If you know anything here's my questions?
Can you get rabies from a wild rabbit, I'm not looking to do the shot series.
How old does a rabbit need to be to survive without its mother.
What to feed.
How to treat its injuries.
You can pm me, thanks if you can help.

I really wish we could have just left it but even when I told him it would most likely die he said we need to do what we can, so.....
What a coincidence. I witnessed the neighbors cat pounce on a baby bunny yesterday and I chased the cat around the yard trying to get it to drop the bunny. I finally got it, and it flopped around a little. Turns out the back legs weren't working, so it must have had it's spine injured somewhere. It's front legs were working and I put it in a rabbit cage to let it recuperate, and it would pull itself around. I left to go get hay across town and when I got back, it was dead. Wild rabbits (and rabbits in general), do not usually live past a trauma like this because they typical die from shock. If you can get yours to stay alive, more power to you. I would feed it rabbit pellets like you'd buy at the feed store (start out with a small bag, justin case it doesn't live, then you're not stuck with a ton of food) and give it veggies. Make sure it has water, too. It's probably weened already (at least the one I found probably was).

hello all, new here! from the Brighton area!hoping to meet some new peeps, no pun intended
wink.png
I've got 5 laying isa Brown's, 2 about to lay isa Brown's, 2 laying black australorps, 1 laying barred rock, 1 about to lay buff orpington, 2 four month old blue black splash orpingtons and 1 four month old lavender orpington. here are some glamour shots! I want as hands on with the new orpingtons, so it's very difficult to get great photos! I made feeders out of PVC, have water nipple buckets. More pictures coming of all plus coop!

Well it's been a busy morning around here! The PO called at 8 this morning to let me know my new BLRW roo was in and I could come get him anytime (and then one of the ladies that worked there was wondering if I would be interested in her flock of 60 assorted layers since she's getting out of chickens
lau.gif
ooooooh to have the coop space!) The roo is absolutely LOVELY....came from PeckyBeaky in PA and will HOPEFULLY give me a decent starting place for a breeding project.

After getting the kids off to school and getting the bird picked up and settled, I decided that one of my projects today would be to get all of the tomatoes I picked on Tuesday processed. It was about 3/4 of a bushel or so I think, so those are now in "sauce" form that needs to be reduced so I can season it and can it. I'm thinking I might make it up as spaghetti sauce, and then season it a little more and make a few pints of pizza sauce.

Waiting for the crockpot to get clean in the dishwasher so I can reduce that way......I don't have enough big pans to do it on the stove.

I had a moment of weakness I look through the local shelter every week for a great dane. She popped up today... so I went to see this girl at the shelter ...... such a sweet heart, very calm and doesn't seem to let anything bother her. And the most crazy intense blue eyes I've ever seen on a dog. Hubby says no, but that's easy for him to say when he's not home to look into my baby blue eyes and say it again! LOL! If she is still there Friday we'll see. Surprisingly, she's not deaf!

We just got a Lab/Mastiff from our local shelter, and he's a wonderful boy! I hope you get your Dane and ignore hubby if you are the one taking care of her! She looks fabulous.

Shhh! Ever... People don't know! Lol. Yes, allergic to bunnies. And I really think they are adorable.

Has any one heard from Babigyrl? I was wondering on the stinkers and how she is finding motherhood. They've got to be what? 5 months by now? How about Chicken Grandma?

Back
Top Bottom