Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

It must be so amazing watching those little chickies hatching! Someday I may try it, I'm too scared of that still after reading horror stories, lol

This is my first time. I am a total noob.
I got batteries for the hygrometer so now I can watch the humidity until hatch day.
I forgot to candle the eggs, is it too late? Today is day 17/18.
You don't HAVE to candle. I love watching the development, so I probably candle too much. I like knowing what looks good and SHOULD hatch versus what looks questionable and MIGHT hatch.
Ooh can't wait to see pics, and can't wait to see what you are selling! We have just started our coop and still looking for a few more to add in
smile.png
We have lavender orpingtons and lavender/buff orpington crosses, and a couple of araucana eggs in there. Will be fun to see what we get!

My Emus somehow got out, and I caught the female, and put her back, but was not able to find my male. I was driving down the road to work, when I spotted my male, I tried to catch him, and he took off quite fast, and lost him. I was late for work, so had to give up, until I got home from work. While I was working, I got a text from my dad saying that all the fruit growers are mad and threatening to shoot him if I don't catch him. By the time I got home, my family and the growers had caught him and tied him up. My mom promised one of the growers that I will get rid of them. I don't want to sell them, but my mom gave her word to the grower. So, with a heavy heart, I have to sell my pair that I have hatched and raised. They are a year old, hatched May 20 2012. Very people friendly. I want them to go to a good home. They got out because the cows had messed up their fence. Caught my cow walking right over their 6 ft fence like nothing. Arrgghh!!! But I was planning to work on fortifying the fence this week. Too late. Been crazy busy the last month.
sad.png
PM me if interested.

I took these pictures of them when they got out last week, because I was putting the turkeys back in the coop at 11:00 pm when I got home from work, and forgot to shut the gate. So they were in the front yard in the morning, eating wild berries.
Sad to hear that Daron. Been a busy summer for sure. The garden's doing fantastic this year. More crop than we need. Last thing I saw of yours was those huge radishes. John

Here's my new dog. She is a sweet dog 6 months old. The vet said she would only be about 55 pounds she's 43 now. She got her shots so I go to get her license and was told I needed a letter or something stating her age and that she was just given to me or I would be charged a fine for not getting the license on time! I had only had her a week! Then walking out I stopped to talk to the deputies for the court and told them how silly the whole thing was and they said you don't need a license if the pup is under a year now why didn't the lady tell me that. I didn't get the license because new ones here start selling in October but now I know this I don't need one till February. As for the breed she's a Australian Deerhound
wink.png
, not what Opa suggested lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom