Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I got my second egg!!! A bantam one I think. We have two bantams, a Cochin and a polish. Who is our egg layer? It's a tinted pink egg, no EEs here.

The picture won't post! Urg!

Could it also be a blip egg from the three standard polish and Sumatra?

Last edited:
With the horrible weather I ended up losing my favorite Showgirl Roo, Frankie. He was an old man, lost one eye in a tiff with another roo, but was still doing well. I found the poor boy on Wednesday evening... frozen. This guy was awesome, at least in my eyes. So ugly that he was cute!

I am wondering if anyone near my area has SG hatching eggs or will have any for sale in the next month or so? If not showgirl, would anyone have NN?

If so, would you please pm me? I've love to buy some to hatch out. I already miss my weird looking old man!!!

RIP darling Frankie

hit.gif

I guess I should also add that I live in Lapeer but travel almost daily to Waterford/Pontiac area. I just don't want to risk shipping in this weather.
jumpy.gif
I have an NN roo you can have!
He is NN frizzle/ partride silkie mix

I got my second egg!!! A bantam one I think. We have two bantams, a Cochin and a polish. Who is our egg layer? It's a tinted pink egg, no EEs here.
I've heard tale of people putting food colouring on the oviduct/vent of a hen to see what egg came from what hen.
I don't know if that really works or is just an old wives tale.

Anyone?
idunno.gif

my sumatra hen's eggs are tan, med sized and fat around. Yes bantys lay a smallish egg.

I don't think food coloring would hurt the hen, but who wants to mess with that? If you have to know, just confine the hen for a day to see what egg shows up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom