Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

@gladahmae - I asked for the link, so thank you very much.

@sillych and Raz- I'm new to this, but very curious. I haven't pulled nothing up on line that I can find out about my area and can't get to twp offices right now. I know I'm zoned Agriculture, I live on a dirt road with all woods for 1st 2 miles. However there are 3 houses, and were all in a row (weird i know), We each are on 4 acres and I'm in the middle. This 1500 sq ft part of the law is where I'm concerned. My birds are no where near 1500 ft away from my neighbors, could I potentially have an issue later? I have a great neighbor on that side who loves the chickens and let's them over to visit, but if she were to ever move.
idunno.gif
My DH has family in Dimondale, I will have him contact and see if they can stop in and be a voice for us.

Hope everyone is doing fine, been a busy week with the temps and taking extra good care of the ducks and chickens, a few people needed help, basketball with 1 son and wrestling with the other. Whew, always make sure I at least stop in once a day and at least read, always afraid I'll miss some great advice. Have a good one!!!
big_smile.png

@gladahmae - I asked for the link, so thank you very much.

@sillych and Raz- I'm new to this, but very curious. I haven't pulled nothing up on line that I can find out about my area and can't get to twp offices right now. I know I'm zoned Agriculture, I live on a dirt road with all woods for 1st 2 miles. However there are 3 houses, and were all in a row (weird i know), We each are on 4 acres and I'm in the middle. This 1500 sq ft part of the law is where I'm concerned. My birds are no where near 1500 ft away from my neighbors, could I potentially have an issue later? I have a great neighbor on that side who loves the chickens and let's them over to visit, but if she were to ever move.
idunno.gif
My DH has family in Dimondale, I will have him contact and see if they can stop in and be a voice for us.

Hope everyone is doing fine, been a busy week with the temps and taking extra good care of the ducks and chickens, a few people needed help, basketball with 1 son and wrestling with the other. Whew, always make sure I at least stop in once a day and at least read, always afraid I'll miss some great advice. Have a good one!!!
big_smile.png
Yes

With the horrible weather I ended up losing my favorite Showgirl Roo, Frankie. He was an old man, lost one eye in a tiff with another roo, but was still doing well. I found the poor boy on Wednesday evening... frozen. This guy was awesome, at least in my eyes. So ugly that he was cute!

I am wondering if anyone near my area has SG hatching eggs or will have any for sale in the next month or so? If not showgirl, would anyone have NN?

If so, would you please pm me? I've love to buy some to hatch out. I already miss my weird looking old man!!!

RIP darling Frankie

hit.gif

I guess I should also add that I live in Lapeer but travel almost daily to Waterford/Pontiac area. I just don't want to risk shipping in this weather.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Quote:Originally Posted by ladyrsanti That is what i just bought for my last bag before this started :(

I bought some manna pro chick feed for my poor d'uccles in the house. They are still suspicious, but the one who did start eating crumbles again is pooping much better. A funny thing to be excited about, but it gives me hope. The outdoor ee's are on straight corn until i get this sorted out, i have the day off tomorrow. They eat much more, so my options are a little more limited and i have to find what i can trust long-term.

Could still be an illness working it's way, but this is a very strong possibility since it was so quick with no real symptoms that fit anything.

I went ahead and did foot surgery on one of my hens since it's warmer. Her bumble came back with a vengence. :( The others are iffy, scabs aren't black but i thought hers was doing great and only needed the solid stuff out. Turned out to be a nasty bit of hard stuff that was as big as a marble! Brought tears to my eyes, since i didn't find a corn and am praying that it didn't get to the bone. Foot wasn't swelled, and scab wasn't black so i thought it was healing up. :( Bumbles kill if they get to the bone, no antibiotic in the world would save her then. I am just not having a good year this year.

Last edited:
If there is a residence within 1/4 mile of you then the 1500 foot rule MAY be used against you.

Now consider this...a 1/4 mile = 0.25 mile = 1320 feet. And you need 1500 feet for set back, 1500 feet = 0.2841 mile.
It makes no sense whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom