Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

@Opa
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!:weee

Sitting at Metro for my 1600 flight to Alabama...egads were there ALOT of accidents on the way here. Sure glad Metro finally offers free WiFi...
Ugh....gone for TWO weeks...gave DH strict (ok, written ;)) instructions on bird care...like tomorrow warm oatmeal just for starters....

Forwarding this request for a friend.
Kyle was the leader of the video team at the public comment meeting on Jan 22. He is filming the movie "American Hogwash".

Hello everyone,

This is a time sensitive situation. We can't let these money driven pygmies change the course of history for our state and country. They should be careful what they wish for - because if they think Farmers are going to voluntarily give up their land then they are seriously underestimating the strength and conviction of the American spirit.

The time is now to begin preparing for a long long battle. Ghandi and other wise revolutionaries warned "An Eye for an Eye will make everyone blind." Our weapon of choice will not be violence or aggression...but rather TRUTH.

With each passing day we are losing precious time to make our voices heard. The window to stop this is closing swiftly.

2014 can be the year of the Farmer's Voice and I truly wish to begin compiling the footage necessary to ignite a Nation of stewards. We must be ready to say "NO", collectively, with the strength and courage of our ancestors who worked this very same land without fear or uncertainty that it may be taken away.

Michigan has been treated as a testing ground for politicians to experiment with corruption. IT ENDS NOW.

What I need from you is:

A Phone video of who you are and why you would like to be involved - including a verbal agreement that I Kyle Miron has permission to use your image and voice.

Introduce yourself and your family and your farm operation & process.

Describe your view of what you think is happening here and who is involved.

Your Phone # & Address so I can be in contact moving forward.

My email is [email protected] - if your video is too large to send via email I recommend utilizing Dropbox.com.

I happily look forward to hearing from you. Let's do this!

Good Journey,

Kyle Miron

Heard from hubby that they were able to get the barn fire out quickly and without too much damage, not sure what exactly that means but all I could think of this morning is poor firemen and poor cows.

Birthdays are something that as you get older you'd prefer to ignore, yet when you are remembered by others it makes you feel pretty special. I heard from all of my sons, from my Scottish friend Highlander, and now from all of you. I am truly very blessed.

As some of you may know I am a retired fire captain and spent many nights fighting fire in brutal weather. Of course you want the fire out, but when it is extinquished you really get cold.

Brrrr! Sorry i missed your birthday, Opa. So do tell on the cake, What kind was it this time?

I have spring fever;
i can't say i have cabin fever per say because i've been out in the weather more than i'd like............. but i like socializing with all of you. Lots of times you give me a laugh when my day has been crummy, or at the least understand the chicken ramblings....
roll.png

Yep. Ya'll will be hearing from me a lot cuz I am gonna get REAL cabin fever staying at a hotel for 2 weeks AND not getting to see my chickens, cats, dog (oh, & DH ;))

Well, so far my flight is only delayed 15 mins. Oh the joy of winter travel....

It's hard to see the bulls eye, but its there!

26 days since we last had a rooster and we have fertile eggs! When will they stop being fertile? Maybe I can get a bator by then...

wow 26 days that's wild, maybe because of the cold, they say its usually about 2 weeks that stay fertile, so 26 days seems good to me,

Hi everyone. Hope ya'll are fairing this cold weather well. Happy Birthday Opa! May you have many decades more. We need men like you to remind young men what men are supposed to be.

I am not going to go back and read 342 posts... not happening. LOL

BUT thanks for the sympathies on Strutter. Strutter was a FBCM...

I may replace him if I can find one that has been vaccinated against mareks...

I have a roo that has gone blind... I now have a house rooster. It's Mr. Ed... Bummed out. He's not making it easy on me either. I have him in a smallish box, so his food and water is literally right in front of him. I can get him to drink... but I have to force him to eat... I don't know... is it possible he's depressed?

My 3 hens are doing great! I don't heat or insulate. A little grey on the tips of one comb. Eggs went down a little. I did wrap the run in plastic. I take warm water out in the morning and also put snow in the run,in case the water freezes with these bad temps.

My birds seem annoyed though. My RiR did pull out some Of her feathers for a few days but is back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom