Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I was just getting ready to post the same thing.
The assault on the small farmer by the government is amazing.
It is not just about backyard chickens.

Where do you take your ducks to get processed? I have a few Muscovies I want to take in in a few months. I go to Wilson's in Brown City for my chickens and turkeys but not sure if they do ducks. Thanks

Might be a bit of a drive for you, but R&B Processing (989) 743-3337) in Corunna is where I take mine. They're great! You just want to call ahead, they get really busy during hunting season(s).

Where do you take your ducks to get processed? I have a few Muscovies I want to take in in a few months. I go to Wilson's in Brown City for my chickens and turkeys but not sure if they do ducks. Thanks

You mean Wilcox on Willis rd.
Lol

I was just getting ready to post the same thing.
The assault on the small farmer by the government is amazing.
It is not just about backyard chickens.
Grand Haven is a pretty strange place. I worked there for 4 years and couldn't wait to get on the road home every night. Not saying that it's not a nice place - just kind of weird to me. They are a big beach community with a ton of retired people that like things so-so. On the outskirts there are quite a few farms and some large scale blueberry operations. I'm not sure what the zoning changes are, nor what the city hired a consultant from GR to do. Is it a negative impact on small scale farming - must be? Well isn't that just great...after GH it'll move north to my neck of the woods just like a virus. I hope they get a good turn-out and a few (more than a few) signatures. I have a feeling the naysayers outweigh the farmers. I just sold a Flemish to a nice young couple that farm there and have pigs, chickens, rabbit, etc. I hope they are not affected - negatively.

I used to go to GH (Springlake) Nunica area every year in the summer. My cousins had a nice cabin right on the river which was torn down and condo's put up. very sad day for our family. The blueberries grow so well in that area..... I hope they don't get screwed over. Nothing tastes better than MI blueberries!

Last edited:
@RaZ

It's warm enough, they will be fine outside. Mine are 4 weeks old and because mom had them, they have been out since day 1. They were only under her for about a week and then she moved outside to sleep, ducklings were already to big. Some of the ducklings stayed in the doghouse at night and some sleep outside on the ground by mom. Smell sure goes down once they have more room outside.
big_smile.png
Good to know. I think they will be going out this weekend. They are huge and I cant keep the brooder dry.

my ducks are between 2 to 4 weeks and have been outside without a light since they were under a week. They have a stall in the barn and plenty of friends to cuddle with
My worry is that they wont have a light. The way my DH built the duck coop it just doesnt allow for one safety :(

Good to know. I think they will be going out this weekend. They are huge and I cant keep the brooder dry.

My worry is that they wont have a light. The way my DH built the duck coop it just doesnt allow for one safety :(
Mine have never had lights and ducks do keep warmer than chickens. I think the lights are more for spring, summer should be fine for them. They will love it and you
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom