Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Forgive me if this doesn't show, I'm new
smile.png

Any ideas on how to secure the run (PVC and hardware cloth) to the shed? I am out of my element with this stuff.

U bolts?

None yet, but I'll be getting 4 when we finish fixing up the shed. Probably Barred Rocks and Easter Eggers. I know it's not an ideal run, but it made sense when we started building it. The picture just shows one little section. I'm a little nervous, but we have a fenced in backyard in the suburbs and someone is almost always at the house.

Forgive me if this doesn't show, I'm new
smile.png

Any ideas on how to secure the run (PVC and hardware cloth) to the shed? I am out of my element with this stuff.
Conduit clamp...should be able to get them at any big box store or a good local hardware.
You're going to have to deal with that angle between the side of the coop and the ground somehow tho.

Guys, I need help. I just got home and found my favorite pullet lame. She is not putting any weight on her right leg at all and it's completely limp and doesnt respond when I touch it. I have no idea how to tell if its a break or dislocation. I know she's in pain, poor girl. What can I do for her? I really dont want to lose her, but I dont want her to suffer either. She is isolated right now and feeding eggs and lots of water because I dont think she's had any all day :(

ETA: There is no obvious injury to her at all. Is it possible my rooster tried to mount her and broke her leg? She is 16 weeks old.

Edited again for pics.

It is her right foot.
My little pullet isnt doing any better today :( I really felt around the joints and didnt feel any dislocation and she didnt give any indication of pain as I manipulated the foot and leg. I just dont think she's gonna come back from this, sadly. She can barely hobble around and thats no way to live. DH may do the deed tomorrow
hit.gif

Aw, they are just adorable
love.gif

@Trefoil -it was super nice meeting you today and hope you enjoy the ducks. To bad all that construction was in lapeer, traffic was terrible. Did you find duck feed at TSC? I stopped in and got some mealworms and wildbird seed. Thanks again

Everybody enjoy the weather this weekend and try to stay cool.
big_smile.png

If Momma cat or the kittens had/have fleas they have tapeworm. The two go hand in hand and tapeworms are the #1 intestinal parasite in cats. Droncit is what I would use and if the kittens are a month old and at least 1.5 pounds they can have it. It is also imperative to de flea them and keep them flea free. Sorry but I have little faith in natural remedies for parasite removal.
I can top you as far as cats being dropped off LOL, we got up this morning to a big pile of cow manure in our drive way. Now we live on top of a mountian on a dead end road. There are 2 cows on our road, one is mine and she is securely contained in the pasture. the other lives at the beginning of the road and it was home as well. No one has seen it but there is 2700 vacant acres across the street - most of which in not accessible. Let the Great Cow Hunt of 2014 begin
sounds like a beautiful veiw, except for the cow dung
wink.png

None yet, but I'll be getting 4 when we finish fixing up the shed. Probably Barred Rocks and Easter Eggers. I know it's not an ideal run, but it made sense when we started building it. The picture just shows one little section. I'm a little nervous, but we have a fenced in backyard in the suburbs and someone is almost always at the house.
the u clamps should work well be careful of the nails if one were to get pulled loos they could step on it and get hurt

how is the lame chick? another bad possibility is Meraks
sad.png
hope not and she is doing better

My little pullet isnt doing any better today :( I really felt around the joints and didnt feel any dislocation and she didnt give any indication of pain as I manipulated the foot and leg. I just dont think she's gonna come back from this, sadly. She can barely hobble around and thats no way to live. DH may do the deed tomorrow
hit.gif
Looks like Merek's Disease to me. I had a few with that before and that's how they presented. Best to cull, however, I have a BR hen named criptoe that has curled feet and hobbles but she's been at it for a few years now and still lays. Always a tough decision.

Anyone looking for Hotot Rabbits? I met a guy tonight (he bought my mixed bunnies) that is clearing out his Hotot breed. Cool little suckers...Blanc De Hotot? He's in Muskegon, MI. I could PM info.

Back
Top Bottom