Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I remember the good doctor at CS saying you can tell if it's Marek's by the eyes. This is what I found:

Signs

• Paralysis of legs, wings and neck.
  • Loss of weight.
  • Grey iris or irregular pupil.
  • Vision impairment.
  • Skin around feather follicles raised and roughened.

Does not sound like she's paralyzed as she can move her legs when turned on her back. Sounds like a torn tendon or ligament to me.

I remember the good doctor at CS saying you can tell if it's Marek's by the eyes. This is what I found:

Signs

• Paralysis of legs, wings and neck.
  • Loss of weight.
  • Grey iris or irregular pupil.
  • Vision impairment.
  • Skin around feather follicles raised and roughened.

Does not sound like she's paralyzed as she can move her legs when turned on her back. Sounds like a torn tendon or ligament to me.
Her wings and neck are just fine. She was flapping like crazy today when I was trying to check her out. Her eyes are clear and alert. Weight is holding steady so far. I got some vitamin B complex today I'm gonna start giving her. I read it can be a vitamin deficiency, but I feel so cruel keeping her like this, even for a week or so :(

Her wings and neck are just fine. She was flapping like crazy today when I was trying to check her out. Her eyes are clear and alert. Weight is holding steady so far. I got some vitamin B complex today I'm gonna start giving her. I read it can be a vitamin deficiency, but I feel so cruel keeping her like this, even for a week or so :(
If she was suffering she would not be eating well and would have fluffed up feathers and not be responsive. If it's a vitamin deficiency then she is not in pain. Give her some time :)

Aw, they are just adorable
love.gif

@Trefoil -it was super nice meeting you today and hope you enjoy the ducks. To bad all that construction was in lapeer, traffic was terrible. Did you find duck feed at TSC? I stopped in and got some mealworms and wildbird seed. Thanks again

Everybody enjoy the weather this weekend and try to stay cool.
big_smile.png

I enjoyed meeting you and your son. No, I missed the turn and then decided I didn't want to leave the babies in a hot car. So I headed home and put them in a little pen to get some sun, gave them a shallow "pool" which they got filthy so I know they used it but they wouldn't do it in front of me. I've got them tucked away next to my 8 wk old chicks for the night.

Conduit clamp...should be able to get them at any big box store or a good local hardware.
You're going to have to deal with that angle between the side of the coop and the ground somehow tho.

They make these in PVC with a screw hole on both sides. We use them here for a lot of things

Aw, they are just adorable :love

@Trefoil
-it was super nice meeting you today and hope you enjoy the ducks. To bad all that construction was in lapeer, traffic was terrible. Did you find duck feed at TSC? I stopped in and got some mealworms and wildbird seed. Thanks again

Everybody enjoy the weather this weekend and try to stay cool.  :D

I work there!!!
:)

This Starr my lame pullet

I do feel bad too but she's totally spoiled. She has her own lil room (fenced in corner) of the coop and goes in there at night. She loves being with the rest of the flock during the day and everyone is very nice to her and don't pick on her.
She can get around using her wings and is fast too. If she wasn't healthy or didn't keep good body weight I would cull her. Bit because she is very healthy and has such a awesome personality, I see no reason not to have a good life. She may not be able to walk and as a responsible pet owner, if I'm willing to give her the extra care that she needs, they y not let her live her life.
I would never let her suffer and she don't seem to be in pain as I do preform pain tests. Just I make sure if she dose poo on herself, I keep it cleaned that way it don't burn her or cause any other health issues.
Aww! She's adorable!!

Thanks. She's very pretty. I have been trying to breed the perfect calico frizzle and she was the only 1 out of 140+ eggs. And then she developed the leg issue and I was so bummed. But I kept her anyway and she dose pretty good for being disabled.

Back
Top Bottom