Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Thanks! Chicken math has already started, I told my husband I was going to get 4 and came home with 5. Oops :)

Hey , @RaZ I need some help, can you identify this unusual visitor we had today
LL
LL
Oooooh I'm jealous! Looks to be a green violet ear.rare and usually seen near Texas but as north as Canada but rare sightings.

HH that is an awesome sighting, I have never seen one in real live. You are so lucky!!!

John we have used most of the maple syrup, it was delicious, wish I had bought more.. we don't have pancakes

often but that syrup is so good we have had more lately.
droolin.gif

sure wish I knew what made hens slow down their lay, I have about 34hens, 5 broody, 8 six yr olds(not laying much) 1 may be in a molt, and I have gone from 18 to 20 a day to 12 to 14, lots of people wanting eggs, no eggs. can't find any hidden nests in the yard, wormed before the 4th thinking that could be the problem told them they all needed to deliver a little better or they will fill the freezer.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAZ, couldn't happen to a nicer guy
woot.gif
I have decided not to have any more

Welcome to all the newbies, seems every time I am off for a week or 2 3 or 4 new people have joined,,very nice
highfive.gif

Quote:
sure wish I knew what made hens slow down their lay, I have about 34hens, 5 broody, 8 six yr olds(not laying much) 1 may be in a molt, and I have gone from 18 to 20 a day to 12 to 14, lots of people wanting eggs, no eggs. can't find any hidden nests in the yard, wormed before the 4th thinking that could be the problem told them they all needed to deliver a little better or they will fill the freezer.

Mine slowed down the past week or so....but last couple days, boom, seem to have picked right back up. No apparent stressors, but who knows what might bug a hen?

HH that is an awesome sighting, I have never seen one in real live. You are so lucky!!!

John we have used most of the maple syrup, it was delicious, wish I had bought more.. we don't have pancakes

often but that syrup is so good we have had more lately.
droolin.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAZ, couldn't happen to a nicer guy
woot.gif
I have decided not to have any more

Welcome to all the newbies, seems every time I am off for a week or 2 3 or 4 new people have joined,,very nice
highfive.gif
Ha ha, I was in Belding on Friday picking up a new Flemish Giant buck, anyway, I would have brought you more if this post were sooner! I actually have better stuff - you know the top-shelf...and we could have poured it on some "nilla" ice cream. Karma.

It's funny how things happen sometimes. This morning started with Taprocks post about the hawk and then when I go outside it was just in time to witness a Sharp-shinned hawk stoop on a starling that was feeding in the yard. He stood for a few moments while other starling whirled and squawked. After a moment or two he collected his prey and flew off. Not to often that we get to witness nature in such dramatic fashion.

Back
Top Bottom