Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Anyone looking for baby bunnies to buy???
I have 2 litters of netherland dwarfs

1 pet litter ($20 each *siamese sable sold*)

and

1 show litter (papered $50 each)

Last edited:
My research today has made a good case for acv in bird's water:
During extreme temp shifts bird's bodies can become alkaline, causing them to need electrolytes, minerals, and can affect organs like lungs (my blue rooster) and gizzard's ability to process food. (My impacted crop hen. ) Symptoms include a general "off" appearance with them craving lots of dirt and roughage. May start eating things like screws and other odd things. Pasty butt before any other definable symptoms.

The problems started the week or two before the better coop, i feel terrible. So off to get acv and probiotics for them.

Mindylee, those babies are adorable! I would love to have one, but not so sure I can talk my hubby into one. I had one that went to college with me. Loved her! Let me know how much they are.

My research today has made a good case for acv in bird's water:
During extreme temp shifts bird's bodies can become alkaline, causing them to need electrolytes, minerals, and can affect organs like lungs (my blue rooster) and gizzard's ability to process food. (My impacted crop hen. ) Symptoms include a general "off" appearance with them craving lots of dirt and roughage. May start eating things like screws and other odd things. Pasty butt before any other definable symptoms.

The problems started the week or two before the better coop, i feel terrible. So off to get acv and probiotics for them.

I put acv in my chicks water and sometimes in everybody's. One thing to be aware of though. ACV may slightly alter the chickens ability to absorb calcium, just something to watch out for.

Anyone in the GR area happen to have some young chicks (a week old or less)? None of ours made it through the hatch and I dont want our mama hen to have to sit for 21 days again, she's already lost so much weight. I only need two, but will take more.

Also, I have a gorgeous blue copper marans rooster available if anyone needs one. He is 5 months old and gorgeous.
if you haven't found any chicks yet i have some chicks that hatched out last monday and some that will be hatching out today!! just noticed the first one piped. there are silkie, sizzles and a possibly a few tolbunt polish.

LOVE the faces, so sweet!!

thank you for the advice on the iris. I mixed some sand and peat with the dirt they were going into and put just a little miracle grow in the water.

I put acv in my chicks water and sometimes in everybody's. One thing to be aware of though. ACV may slightly alter the chickens ability to absorb calcium, just something to watch out for.
thank you this is good to know, I some times get thin egg shells for no reason maybe they get to much ACV

not using any right now as I am not sure it can be mixed with the copper (I put a piece of copper in the waterers to keep the algie down

I have three cockerels that need rehoming. They are 4 months old. Not sure what the breeds are. One is very advanced over the other three, he's been crowing for a couple of months already. I believe he may be a leghorn because he is mostly white and his crown n wattles are huge. Lately he's become kind of agressive but he protects the hens.

I'm in the metamora Hadley area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone ever have a rooster be so devoted that he will fan out his wings and crouch down to cover chicks, help call them to food and be really watchful over them? Uggo has been one of the best rooster dads ever!

So remember last year I was all hopeful about the situation regarding the land bordering ours.. they had a tax notice posted on the property again this year......... that makes 3 years and the notice said they were going to foreclose. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we may have another chance to get our hands on it!

Raz, good luck man.......

My first ee roo that i was devoted to would protect babies that weren't his. Not with the wing fan, but stood between them and the meanies and fed them. One of the reasons his remaining daughter is so dear to me. (The crop bound one)

The acv makes her burp, but she seems perkier and that makes me hopeful. I will give extra calcium supplement for now for the others, i just want them well. I feel like a bad chicken mom.

Back
Top Bottom